PDA

View Full Version : New Sony A580 member

boba580
02-11-2011, 10:23am
Hi this is my first post. I live in Windsor Gardens South Australia and attracted to this site because I want to know how to use my Sony a580 to get the best I can out of it.

I particularly enjoy landscape photographs having traveled by caravan around Australia. I love the changing scenery and the beauty we can find in our own country. That said I have traveled overseas as well, and have many photographic memories of our time in Canada and cruising the inside passage.

My love of photography started 30 years ago with a Nikon FT2, which was a fantastic reliable camera. As film gave way to digital, I bought a point and shoot camera. OK it was easy to use and I have taken many photos but it is not the same as creating your own shot. The Sony a580 appealed to me, to be able to use it as a DSLR but with the Auto option for my grandchildren :) My Sony has so many menu options I am a bit overwhelmed and hope to find other members who can help me find my way around it as well as learning with tutorials and forums this site has to offer.

Looking forward to learning and hearing from others

Bob

Wayne63
02-11-2011, 10:51am
Welcome :action66: Bob, If you type in your camera type in the search (top right of the screen) you will find a few posts on it. Hope to see some of your photo's in the forums soon.

ricktas
02-11-2011, 1:35pm
Welcome, enjoy the site and hope we get to see some photos soon

Kym
02-11-2011, 2:10pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

Boo53
02-11-2011, 5:49pm
Welcome top the site

Whilst the buttons might be in better locations :) on the sony, most of the functions achieve the same as the lesser other brands, so most advice can be treated as generic.

I'm sure you'll enjoy AusPhotography and the Sony

boba580
03-11-2011, 2:57pm
Thanks John for your encouragement - I am having problems with over exposure. Not sure if it is the camera or the Minolta 28-105 lens. Like you I am on a steeep learning curve, including trying to find my way around this site!

Again all the best in photography

Bob

Boo53
04-11-2011, 1:04am
Bob

What exposure compensation setting are you using.

Put up some shots for us to look at and well see how we go helping