PDA

View Full Version : Help with adding a Title/Info to a Pic in Photoshop Elements 7

Goatch
01-11-2011, 2:12am
Hi Guys , this may seem like a dumb question but I have a Pano shot of 11 speedway Formula 500 sprinters with a mountain called Mt Nameless in the background , I have to add some text to the printed photo which is causing me a problem , I am working with Adobe Elements 7 , photos are being printed on A4 and I have about 40mm of border top and bottom of the frame and I want to add the text to the bordered area of the print , how do I do this ?

ricktas
01-11-2011, 7:43am
Increase your canvas size File : Edit : Canvas Size
Choose a colour for the background and choose if you want the canvas extension on all four sides, top and bottom only, bottom only etc.
Then you have a place to add the text to, just use the text too to write what you want.

William
01-11-2011, 1:13pm
Following on from Rick, Elements may work the same as PS, An easy way to do what Rick said is if using a PC Open the photo, Go ; Ctrl A, Shift>Ctrl>J , Alt>Ctrl>C , Set your border there :)

Goatch
01-11-2011, 1:43pm
Thanks heaps for the info Guys , on the money , problem sorted .

Speedway
01-11-2011, 1:55pm
A quick and easy way in Elements is to open the image , use the crop tool to select the whole image then using the handles drag the corners out till you get the desired border, (Select use photo ratio if the image is at the printed ratio already or no restriction if you want border on only one or two sides). then use the text tool to add your text.
Keith.