PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Cracker
28-10-2011, 5:01pm
Great looking forum, A lot of notices to review and I'm being told "Shouldn't you be going to bed soon":lol:
I'm an American Cracker cant say I am a good photographer but I take a lot of pictures and spend tons of time with Photoshop.
OH my what do all these buttons do I suppose I'll have to start pushing a few.
the notices are a bit overwhelming and I haven't even got to the post IDK were the screen shot I uploaded went to

ricktas
28-10-2011, 7:20pm
Just click the green X at the right of each notice and they will go away. They are just information about the site, and once the X is clicked, most of them will never show to you again.

See you on the forums.

Mark L
28-10-2011, 8:58pm
You'll find AP a hoot ROOT.
Welcome and I look forward to seeing some Florida photos.:th3:

Kym
28-10-2011, 9:34pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

PS: I'm going to ask for another username... Root has 'admin' meaning (eg. Linux) PM on the way

rwg717
28-10-2011, 11:06pm
Hi there and nice to welcome you to AP:)
Richard

Cracker
29-10-2011, 5:12am
I entered the contest and have been trying to find the actual forums but keep getting notices like that PM prior to seeing this thread again.

Compression to the size restrictions is really tough for me hopefully I will have time to learn some pointers, and since this isn't Linux I hope you understand why I don't wish to change my username. as I explained in PM prior to seeing this thread again.

Kym
29-10-2011, 9:36am
Re: image re-sizing ... 1st pixels (1024 max) ... then apply a level of JPEG compression usually 60-80% is enough to get the image within spec.

The main forums are here: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5

Hope that helps.

Cracker
29-10-2011, 12:26pm
Ricktas has exceeded their stored personal messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

ricktas
29-10-2011, 3:32pm
Ricktas has exceeded their stored personal messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Done, sorry about that, I got quite a few PM's in the last 24 hours, and it clogged up my personal message box.

Cracker
01-11-2011, 4:27pm
Sorry about the Rude name, its what I go by here in public :scrtch:
Cracker will be just fine .