PDA

View Full Version : Hello Fellow Interested People

2travlers
28-10-2011, 1:21am
:scrtch:

Where do I start!!

Back in the 1970's I purchased a Konica FS1 from *removed, members with less than 30 days membership and 50 posts cannot name/promote commercial enterprises, please read the site rules* Bris.

That was before our hand held Calculators and we haggled as he used his abacus for the Camera,Zoom Lens,Teleconverters etc deal price.

Started Digital with the Canon 600 {Box Type.....No Review until you connected it to the Computer}

Olympus 740 was the next and if you could not read Mandarin you had to look at the pictures as the English Manual was..... So POOOOR in it's explanation.

I still carry it with me today as I can put it in my pocket climb around and still get the Image needed.

Was going to buy a Sony Alpha but the Salesman said that the Lumix DMC FZ50 was better because my wife could use it also as it had Image Stabilisation.

Then.....looked and compared between 60D and D7000

Presently I have a Nikon D7000, Tamron 18 - 270 PZD,Nikon 35 - 70 2.8, Nikon 70 - 200 2.8...Remote's ..Cases..Additional Batteries..etc........Nissin D688mk2 flash next........50mm 1.4 lens under investigation.

My wife says that we have blown our "Carry On Baggage" weight limit now when we travel.

16 Yo Grandson has his Eyes on the Lumix now.........although 3 Yo Grandson picked it up from the Office Desk the other day and told his mother "Click...Click" She quickly rescued it and put it out of reach.

Looking forward to exploring the extra possibilities that the D7000 has potential for.

Have Joined a Camera club at Greenbank that is not far from Home.

Hoping to share the expieriences.

Graeme

ricktas
28-10-2011, 7:51am
Welcome Graeme, pull up a chair, show us some photos, and join in!

Kym
28-10-2011, 8:35am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5-.-CONSTRUCTIVE-CRITIQUE-Members-Photos-.) and have fun!

2travlers
28-10-2011, 12:36pm
G'Day Rick

It was not my intention to promote a Business in my Posting....Just merely to put a timeline on my first 35mm SLR camera purchase.

I admire the Gentleman that I was guided by in my selection at that time with his knowledge and explanation of my enquiries.

I had been to other Camera stores enquiring and only got a salesman !!

If I had remembered the Gentleman's name I would have used it, as I am sure there are lots of other people that have been guided by his wisdom.........That is why I used the Mr xxxxxxxxxx in my posting.

I think the man deserves acknowledgement.

We discussed the various Pentax,Olympus etc 35mm camera's of the day before making a decision.....that was more than 40 years ago.

graeme

ricktas
28-10-2011, 2:32pm
Graeme, whilst i understand your desire to acknowledge the service you got, the site rules are clear, members with less than 30 days membership and/or 50 posts cannot promote/complain about any company/product or service.

phototyke
28-10-2011, 3:02pm
welcome

Chinook
28-10-2011, 3:40pm
Welcome to AP Graeme. Enjoy the forum great bunch of friendly people here. Hope to see some of your images soon.:)