PDA

View Full Version : Newbie says HI

charelz84
26-10-2011, 5:34pm
Hi everyone :)
I am a newbie photographer in Perth just setting out on an online diploma course with * removed, members with less than 30 days membership and 50 posts cannot promote commercial companies/services/products*. I have reached a point where I loathe my current profession and am seeking a career move into a more creative, hands on field. I have always been the one at parties and gatherings viewing the event through the lens and then sharing my creations afterwards so I thought, well, why not venture further into the photography realm and see if it is a fit for me professionally or as a creative outlet. This, I believe will come in time, for now I am loving studying the first few modules, however in the thick of it I feel, and I am approaching it with an open mind. I look forward to reading about other peoples adventures and sharing mine in due course. I also look forward to seeking constructive criticism on my future images from a community of like minded people.
Thanks for the welcome :)
charelz84

Mary Anne
26-10-2011, 5:37pm
Hi there :action66: and Welcome to AP

ricktas
26-10-2011, 5:57pm
Welcome to AP, I edited your post as you breached the site rules. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos soon

kiwi
26-10-2011, 6:08pm
Good luck

I wouldn't personally change a profession into photography, very hard road.... Start by making money part time until you can't keep two jobs going

Sharing photos is one thing, selling is another

Let's see some pics

charelz84
26-10-2011, 6:20pm
Welcome to AP, I edited your post as you breached the site rules. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos soon
Oops sorry!

charelz84
26-10-2011, 6:25pm
Good luck

I wouldn't personally change a profession into photography, very hard road.... Start by making money part time until you can't keep two jobs going

Sharing photos is one thing, selling is another

Let's see some pics
I would rather be a happy struggling artist than a miserable office worker :) Nonetheless, as I said, I am just a beginner and whether it is a future professional shift for me remains to be seen.

Kym
26-10-2011, 8:24pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

Maybe have a look at the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Books:New_To_Photography_Book) book and the Learning Plan in the book.

danjock
26-10-2011, 9:20pm
hi there and welcome, also new here :) hopefully can learn a few things