PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

non culpa
21-10-2011, 3:53pm
Hi to all. New to photography, serious that is, and new to forums. Bear with me it should only take a couple of years and I should be up to speed. I live on the Gold Coast in the great state of confusion. No jibes about daylight savings thanks. I joined this forum to initally get some decent information on what type of camera and lens I should be buying. A lot of other sites seem to be linked with one camera maker, and I can't seem to get an unbiased opinion.

ricktas
21-10-2011, 3:59pm
Welcome to AP.

Re what camera and lens to buy, check out out camera/lens/gear forum. BUT, in the end it is really down to personal choice, all the major brands offer very similar product ranges and ultimately it is your choice to pick which brand, there is no right or wrong answer to the question 'what brand'.

Enjoy the site

NikonNellie
21-10-2011, 4:01pm
Hi and Welcome to AP - the best way to learn is to post up some images in the forums for critiquing and visiting the "New to Photography" thread where you can take yourself through some tutorials. Looking forward to seeing some of your images.

Kym
21-10-2011, 6:48pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

Check the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Books:New_To_Photography_Book) book and equipment guide before purchasing - lots of good advice.

Banjo
21-10-2011, 7:36pm
Hello non culpa,

I'am also new to photography and to this forum and site.
I have been reading through the new to photography book in the library section and have been very impressed.

melb
21-10-2011, 8:56pm
Hope you enjoy your photography.
Cheers :)

rwg717
21-10-2011, 9:02pm
Cheers and welcome to AP, nice to have you with us:)
Richard

Mark L
21-10-2011, 9:34pm
Welcome non culpa.

........I joined this forum to initally get some decent information on what type of camera and lens I should be buying. ........

There's a lot of info around on this, but the simplest piece of advise that helped me was to go into a camera store and see what feels good in your hands.:th3:

non culpa
23-10-2011, 7:47pm
Thanks one and all, yes a visit to New to Photography will be the next move. Have already checked out camera/lens/gear and got some great advice. I am leaning towards the Canon 600D with a twin lens kit at this stage to get me going.