PDA

View Full Version : Seeking some location advice

testarusty
19-10-2011, 2:08pm
Hi I'm new, so I hope I'm posting this in the right area, forgive me if it's not.

I was hoping members on here might be able to help me with some location suggestions for cherry blossoms around Sydney and Blue Mountains. I'm a big fan of flower photography and I have a friend who loves cherry blossoms, so I'd like to go on a bit of a road trip with them, so they can enjoy the best the city has to offer and I get a chance for a bit of photography practice with a different type of flower. I realise I may be a bit late to catch them this year, but if anyone can give me a guide as to optimal window for catching them in full bloom or know any locations that still have flowers this far into spring that would be of great help too.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

junqbox
19-10-2011, 2:24pm
You might have some luck around Mt Wilson on the Bells Line of Road through the Blue Mountains. It may be a bit too warm for the cherry/apple blossoms now though.

Ionica
19-10-2011, 2:37pm
The area from Wentworth Falls up to at least Blackheath is a good area for them, although they may be past their best. Next time I'm driving around I'll keep an look out for any still in flower, and can advise of the locations if any are suitable.

testarusty
19-10-2011, 3:30pm
Thanks for the replies, seems my fears about missing them this year are warranted.

ricktas
19-10-2011, 5:32pm
Hope we get to see some of your photography soon!