PDA

View Full Version : So it's Been a while.

Cracksta
15-10-2011, 11:52pm
Re intro time...

Hey all
My name is Jason I'm from Sydney it been a long time since I've used this forum due to me selling my canon 400d 2.5 years ago because I hadn't used it in over a year. My girlfriend was sorting though some of my photos the other day and found my slr shots that I had printed at a photo store she asked why I stopped? I use to be an event technician working odd and long hours this didn't really allow for a hobby.

I now work in marketing media (sporting events signage) and work somewhat regular hours so I went out a few days ago and got myself a new toy. That being a Canon 60D and tamron 18-270mm lens

Was originally looking @ getting 600D + 18-270 but reviews screamed out for me to get the 60D as I like the faster shutter speed and fps

So far so good. I have read mixed reviews about this lens and at first was a little unsure if it would offer everything i wanted. But taking the camera out today and having a little play showed me that it is indeed a good walk around lens for someone who is more a hobbiest then a professional.

Look forward to learning new things as I'm sure a lot has changed in 3.5 years look forward to posting up some photos etc

Cheers

ricktas
16-10-2011, 8:32am
Welcome back Simon, a lot has changed around here in the last 3 years, but at the same time, we have tried to keep it all looking familiar and similar. So have a look around, and start joining in. See you on the forums

Kym
16-10-2011, 2:20pm
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun!

Please update your profile via the settings menu.

Duane Pipe
16-10-2011, 2:54pm
WoW :crike: long time for sure Jase

Cracksta
18-10-2011, 9:12pm
Cheers guys feels good to be back got some shots tonight that I'll post up later look forward to hearing what you guys think