PDA

View Full Version : New Member

arenton
07-10-2011, 9:47am
Hi everyone.

I am the sort of person who is trying to get out of the simple "point and shoot" frame of mind when taking photos and have been experimenting a lot more with the aperture, white balance and shutter settings. Wow - the differences it can make are amazing!

My photography kit consists of:
Nikon D7000
Nikkor 18-105mm
Nikkor 105mm Micro
Nikkor 55-300mm
Nikkor 50mm
Sigma 150-500mm

I have attached my first attempt at photographing a balloon as it burst .... not 100% crisp & fantastic, but I'm reasonably happy with it as a first go!

I am looking forward to discussing, sharing and even having questions answered! :th3:

ricktas
07-10-2011, 9:51am
Welcome aboard. Good intro photo that could do with some critique to improve it, but the intro forums are not for critique, so as soon as the member photos forums open up to you (will happen shortly) post in there to get some great advice on how to improve your photography.

arenton
07-10-2011, 9:54am
Thanks for the welcome. I am looking forward to the 'constructive criticism' .... Photography seems like it will be a fantastic hobby that will only get better with critical feedback! Cheers.

Kym
07-10-2011, 12:08pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5-.-CONSTRUCTIVE-CRITIQUE-Members-Photos-.) and have fun!

arenton
07-10-2011, 2:25pm
Hi Kym. I have put a few in the 'food', 'zoo' and 'still life' categories ... I'm just learning about the different features / settings to use on the camera so they aren't fantastic ... but I've gotta start somewhere!!! :rolleyes:

rwg717
09-10-2011, 7:35pm
Cheers and welcome to AP, nice to have you along:th3:
Richard

arenton
09-10-2011, 7:40pm
Hi Richard. Thanks for your welcome. This is the first forum I have joined where EVERYONE has been so supportive and helpful without 'crossing that line' to being too judgemental! It's awesome!

Chinook
09-10-2011, 8:13pm
Arenton a very warm welcome to AP. This is a great friendly forum and I am sure you will enjoy it here. Look forward to seeing some of your images. :th3:

arenton
09-10-2011, 8:36pm
Hi Chinook - you have already commented on at least one of mine -- I posted: The "Green Martini" (Food), Lemon Splash (Food), Balloon Bursting (Action / Sports) and the Werribee / Melbourne Zoo Pics ... thanks, nonetheless, for your welcome!

flyreels
09-10-2011, 8:37pm
Welcome this is a great site with loads of great info and very helpful people, enjoy

arenton
09-10-2011, 8:41pm
Thanks Flyreels :) I look forward to sharing photos and seeing those of others.