View Full Version : Cheers from Mick

MickJA
03-10-2011, 1:00am
Hi, my name is Mick and I've always enjoyed point and shoot photography for capturing images of holidays, family and special occasions. I like working with perspective, contrasts of light and colour, foliage and nature, my kids and interesting people. I'm hoping to expand my knowledge of photography in general, move beyond point and shoot and experiment more with photographic techniques - not looking to make money, just to create something. I'm currently researching which DSLR I will buy - I think I've narrowed it down to the Sony SLT a65 (I know it's not a conventional DSLR but I'm no purist) I think it will have everything I will need to begin with. Never had any :)lessons but will get some if I need to. From the looks of this site and forum I will learn a lot here!:)

Boo53
03-10-2011, 1:20am
i'm very happy with my sony gear and I'm sure you wouldn't regret your purchase. There's some rumors of minor gliches in the a77 that could suggest waiting a month until they sort it out

As for Ap i"m sure you'll find it a friendly and very helpful forum.

Jump in and post some shots for constructive criticism and start benefiting from the advise

flyreels
03-10-2011, 7:16am
Welcome this is a great site with loads of great info and very helpful people, enjoy

Kym
03-10-2011, 3:05pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5-.-CONSTRUCTIVE-CRITIQUE-Members-Photos-.) and have fun!

Lessons? Maybe have a look at the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Books:New_To_Photography_Book) book and the Learning Plan in the book.

rwg717
03-10-2011, 10:50pm
Hi Mick and welcome to AP:D
Richard

MickJA
03-10-2011, 11:40pm
Thanks for the welcome guys, soon I'm going to post some shots I took on my last holiday to Cairns - just have to find them on my computer. I am very receptive to constructive criticism. Mick.

Mark L
05-10-2011, 11:08pm
Never had any :)lessons but will get some if I need to. From the looks of this site and forum I will learn a lot here!:)

G'day Mick.
I've learnt a lot here. Try the New to Photography section in the Library, plenty of lessons in there.:th3: