PDA

View Full Version : New member intro

dmaynard000
02-10-2011, 12:58pm
Would've been if I could've been. Used to listen to an ABC radio show back in the early 90's called the "Could have been champions" - the crew had a lot of fun and reckoned if things had of been different they could all have been champions at something.

Sometimes that's how I feel about photography. I love it and have dabbled with it since I was a 16yo, including developing my own B&W film/prints in the early 80's (sold the gear to pay for uni - gotta do that again some day - B & W that is). However, I managed a 25 odd year gap between then and recent times where I did very little photography, but thought about it often. Somehow, I just never got the time to put in what I would like.

Regardless, I'm very happy to be active again and with the equipment I have now after upgrading to DSLR from an Olympus OM1 35 mm purchased in 1979. I'm a little happy with what I do but always looking for improvement.

Gear:
Nikon D90
Nikon 50mm prime lens
Nikon 18-70
Nikon 55-200 lens
Tamron 200-400 lens
Tokina 11-16 ultra wide angle (newly acquired)
Various filters including ND and ND Graduated
Photoshop (love photoshop).

My first upgrade to DSLR was in 2009 to a used Nikon D70 which I have since passed on to my lovely wife (have to show her how to take it off auto one day).

Black & white, landscapes, buildings and family shots.

I discovered Flickr a couple of years ago and set out to get all my old/family pics online. In recent times I have engaged in the social aspects of Flickr by adding photos to various groups, adding contacts and building a favorites list - and having fun.

My flickr name is dmaynard000 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmaynard000/).

WhoDo
02-10-2011, 1:17pm
Welcome to AP, David. I look forward to seeing some of your posts in the main CC forums. You'll find we're a pretty friendly bunch around here and happy to give Constructive Criticism (CC) in the appropriate threads. :th3:

nicnax
02-10-2011, 2:06pm
Welcome!

ricktas
02-10-2011, 3:50pm
Welcome to AP, pull up a chair and join in!

Analog6
02-10-2011, 4:50pm
Hi David, was nice to meet you at the photo walk this morning, glad you have joined up here too.

Wandapics
02-10-2011, 5:14pm
Welcome David. Glade you found AP.

NikonNellie
02-10-2011, 5:38pm
Hi and Welcome to AP David. Looking forward to viewing some of your images on the forums. :)

Kym
02-10-2011, 9:56pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5-.-CONSTRUCTIVE-CRITIQUE-Members-Photos-.) and have fun!

dmaynard000
03-10-2011, 6:39am
Hi Odille.

aGood to meetyou and the crew. Look forward to catching up again.

Tikira
04-10-2011, 10:38am
Welcome to the forums.

We too loved the "Could-a-beens". It was our saviour when travelling between Cobar and Abmidale at the time, and we often think about the show.

I hope you enjoy the site, and get something out of it. I know Wayne & I have.

Di

dmaynard000
04-10-2011, 2:06pm
Welcome to the forums.

We too loved the "Could-a-beens". It was our saviour when travelling between Cobar and Abmidale at the time, and we often think about the show.

I hope you enjoy the site, and get something out of it. I know Wayne & I have.

Di

Hi Di. It was a great radio program - lots of laughs.

Thanks.