PDA

View Full Version : Hi

johnno59
29-09-2011, 1:47am
My name is John, I have in the last year taken up astronomy and in the past month photography. I am hoping to develop my photography skills
in the area of astro-photography. My wife and youngest son have also started to enjoy photography as a hobby.
I recently procured a Pentax K10D (my first DSLR) My wife and son have Nikon DSLRs, the rivalry has started. :D I am quite inexperienced with regards photography, though I have learned quite a bit during the past month. I have taken many photos and deleted nearly as much.
I discovered this site on the net today and I hope to learn much from other members.
I look forward to future interaction.
Cheers
John

Mary Anne
29-09-2011, 2:27am
Hello John and Welcome to AP..
Astro-photograph sounds interesting at least you would not have to hold the camera..
A bit of rivalry in the Family is great lucky you, my hubby has no interest in photography as all
This is a great place to learn and the best place to start is the New To Photography Forum (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book )
There is heaps of reading and info there to start you on your way :th3:

johnno59
29-09-2011, 2:36am
Thanks Mary Anne for your kind words and encouragement, I sort of fell into a desire for astro photography
after taking up astronomy earlier this year, that and the fact that its 1am in adelaide and I am still awake.
Susan (my wife) reckons I am part vampire.
So taking photos in the dark is something I will have to get used to:).
Cheers
John

ricktas
29-09-2011, 2:53am
Welcome to AP John. Pull up a chair and join in, we have a few astro photographers around here, so you might just get some good advice, tips and feedback. See you on the forums

johnno59
29-09-2011, 2:59am
Thanks Rick
I have just been checking out the macro forum, the photos on show there are amazing. Had a look through the The New To Photography area, there is a lot there to get me started in the right direction. Thanks for putting this site together.
Cheers
John

Kym
29-09-2011, 9:43am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5-.-CONSTRUCTIVE-CRITIQUE-Members-Photos-.) and have fun!