PDA

View Full Version : Lost Koala

Linda R
11-09-2011, 4:45pm
This baby was blown out of a tree and wandered into my stable only to decide my dog was a perfect surrogate mother!! Dog was very pleased when we removed the baby from her :D

Mary Anne
11-09-2011, 5:22pm
Oh the poor little Koala, you have a wonderful dog..
How is the Koala now or did you take it to a wildlife place

Linda R
11-09-2011, 6:50pm
We wrapped the baby in one of my woollen horse rugs and then rang the wildlife people. We were advised to put it back into the tree if there were other koalas there. It was wonderful to see, when we put the baby back onto the trunk of the tree to see if it would go up to the others, another koala with a baby on her back, took her baby and put it in the tree and then came down and put this baby on her back and took it back up. She then sat it aside and put her baby back on her back. We kept an eye on them all for a couple of days and then they all seemed to go. The wildlife people felt that this would be the very best chance the baby would have had to be safe.

Belle is a wonderful dog and a very gentle one. She was quite excited about the whole experience, including posing (although for a very short time) for a quick pic. :)

Linda R
12-09-2011, 8:45am
Oh forgot to say this was taken very quickly off my mobile phone so no camera so sorry for the bad quality shot just thought it was not often you see a dog holding a koala :lol:

ving
12-09-2011, 11:49am
wow! poor little koala... cute tho :)

Ms Monny
12-09-2011, 11:52am
that is the cutest thing I have seen. Your dog doesn't seem to mind but it's expression is saying "Get this thing off of me!!". Glad to hear it all ended well.

Mark L
12-09-2011, 9:03pm
Thanks Linda, great story.:th3:

la lumiere
13-09-2011, 9:33pm
Thanks for sharing the pic and the story......Some dog!

Linda R
14-09-2011, 8:48am
Thanks everyone, being new here I was not sure if I should put this up as I look at all your fantastic photos and they make me realise how much I have to learn. Thanks for your kind remarks and yes Belle was very glad when her "baby" was removed.:)

Tommo224
14-09-2011, 2:01pm
That is so cute haha.. How nice of your dog to just sit there and not freak out or do anything to alarm or harm the baby Koala!

I think my dog would freak out and run away to hide, even with the Koala still attached.

He is a bit of a sook. lol

Jacs14
15-09-2011, 11:13am
aww!! so cute, what else would a goldie do but be a loving {even if not wanting to be} mother!!
Beautiful story, so glad to hear it sounds like it had a happy ending!!

Linda R
19-09-2011, 2:01pm
Thanks everyone I am glad you all enjoyed my "Belle" story :D