PDA

View Full Version : Exposure Meter

dmrphotography
15-08-2011, 7:25am
I not sure what i have done. But was changing some of the settings in my Nikon D7000 camera. And now the +-----0------- is all the way to the right. It never used to be like that. Like from o to the right side it has all strokes. Is there something i have done. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers Dean

kiwi
15-08-2011, 7:26am
Did you dial in some ev comp ?

ricktas
15-08-2011, 7:41am
As Kiwi says, its generally the result of exposure compensation. Look it up in your manual, to see how to adjust it back. If all else fails, you can always do a 'factory reset'.

davidd
15-08-2011, 9:35am
Ummm... this may be a silly question, but is your lens cap on?

Otherwise, are you in (M)anual exposure? If so you need to change either shutter speed (slower) or aperture (wider) until the meter is centred.

dmrphotography
15-08-2011, 4:56pm
For some reason when in manual mode when i click the info button on bottom right side of camera the exposure bar is flashing. Looks like something is locked.

NGP
15-08-2011, 7:46pm
there is no exposure compensation in manual mode.. you set the shutter speed, aperture and ISO to get the correct exposure.. ;)

fillum
15-08-2011, 11:27pm
In manual mode on the D300, exposure compensation does affect the little indicator thing ( +-----0------- ), although it doesn't affect the actual settings. I think it flashes when current settings exceed the limits of the indicator (can't remember how many stops off the top of my head). I would think the D7000 would work the same.

Also sounds to me like an exposure comp issue. Although as Rick suggests, a system reset might be the quickest solution.

Cheers.