PDA

View Full Version : Canon 6D (5dIII) on the way!?

Wobbles
10-08-2011, 2:03pm
Might just be a web-geek typo :rolleyes: but the Canon Australia site has 2 links to the 5dII and if you look closely the second one has "6D" in the link
http://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/For-You/EOS-Digital-SLR-Cameras
http://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/For-You/EOS-Digital-SLR-Cameras/6D
is this a mistake... or a place holder for a new camera!? :eek:

Let the rumours begin!! :D

Bennymiata
10-08-2011, 3:03pm
I can see where it says 60D, but not 6D

Tjfrnds
10-08-2011, 3:20pm
I can see where it says 60D, but not 6D

If you click on the 5D Mark II under the camera list on the LHS of the page and then look at the web address of the page it reads:

www canon.com.au/en-AU/For-You/EOS-Digital-SLR-Cameras/6D

Speedway
10-08-2011, 5:04pm
That page has been removed. Fixing typo I presume.
Keith.

andylo
10-08-2011, 5:31pm
Very short lived rumor :)

Wish it is true thu (so I can snap up a 5DII cheap)

Xenedis
10-08-2011, 6:05pm
Yeah, but nah.

Bennymiata
11-08-2011, 1:51pm
If they brought out a full-frame camera with the speed and features of the 7D, AND it had a swing out screen, for similar money to a 5D, I'd probably buy one.

I guess there is always the 1Ds MkIV, but it's too big and too expensive for my tastes.

fabian628
11-08-2011, 10:47pm
why is everyone so keen on flip out screens! :eek:

JM Tran
11-08-2011, 11:08pm
why is everyone so keen on flip out screens! :eek:

because its bloody handy in many, many situations where you cant look through the viewfinder or compose with the live-view on a static back screen.

would the feature allow me to take better shots for weddings and photojournalism work? Without a doubt.

Dylan & Marianne
11-08-2011, 11:20pm
flip screen would be awesome on the 5dmkII :th3::th3:

Bennymiata
12-08-2011, 5:45pm
I love the flip screen on the my 60D, so much so, that this feature was the deal maker for me over and above the 7D.
Firstly, I do a lot of product shots in a studio, so the flip out screen is great for that, and macro too, but the main reason I like it is that I am left eyed, and flipping out the screen gives me more room for my nose and it means I don't leave greasy marks all over the screen when using the viewfinder.

Lots of other good things about it too.
I'm sure that in the future, all cameras will have a flip out, or pull-out screen.

If you don't want it to flip out, just leave it where it is, but when you are packing the camera away, being able to flip the screen backwards can help protect the screen.
The 60D screen is also the best screen I've seen on a camera to date.

dt86vyss
12-08-2011, 6:31pm
I would say if they were to ever replace the 5D they would probably decrease the number to 4D... Just my thoughts.

ozwapet
12-08-2011, 6:34pm
I too love the flip out screen on the 60D. Yes I agree it'll be the norm on future models - and I bet they will be touchscreen too.
A little concerned about knocking it whilst it's out that's all. It doesn't seem like the hinge mechanism is all that strong. However the benefits far out weigh the risks. I find it most useful for indoor portrait shots on the tripod. Outside it's limited.

fabian628
12-08-2011, 8:30pm
I too love the flip out screen on the 60D. Yes I agree it'll be the norm on future models - and I bet they will be touchscreen too.
A little concerned about knocking it whilst it's out that's all. It doesn't seem like the hinge mechanism is all that strong. However the benefits far out weigh the risks. I find it most useful for indoor portrait shots on the tripod. Outside it's limited.

hmm, i dont know about it being the norm on newer models. I think there will be a camera in a certain line with flip out screen; after all this is not the newest technology. I think its more of a novelty features which canon or other manufacturers puts in its line just to keep bases covered over other manufacturers.

All these moving parts, extra plastic doesnt help weather sealing or overall strength of the body. I doubt it will appear in 1 series, if they do introduce it into the 5 or future semi pro line hopefully they may make a similar camera without.

fabian628
12-08-2011, 8:35pm
If you don't want it to flip out, just leave it where it is, but when you are packing the camera away, being able to flip the screen backwards can help protect the screen.

I do find the flip out screen interesting and does have its benifits when using live view. However I find the protection benifit interesting. Firstly, when you pack away your camera do you also throw rocks into your bag that the screen needs protection from :D Secondly, all the canon dslr's i've owned seemed to have pretty solid back screens. If you did manage to smash this I think the damage to the back of a flipped in screen would also be quite substatial. All the sensitive parts are in the back there would get damaged I think. If you do break the front glass, from what I gather its a pretty simple repair as ling as you dont actually damage the lcd underneath.

acko
13-08-2011, 6:28pm
I love the flip screen on the my 60D, so much so, that this feature was the deal maker for me over and above the 7D.
Firstly, I do a lot of product shots in a studio, so the flip out screen is great for that, and macro too, but the main reason I like it is that I am left eyed, and flipping out the screen gives me more room for my nose and it means I don't leave greasy marks all over the screen when using the viewfinder.

Lots of other good things about it too.
I'm sure that in the future, all cameras will have a flip out, or pull-out screen.

Dead right...I have a 40D and get "nose marks"on the viewer screen no matter how careful I am. And I don't have a big nose either, thank you!

Jcas
13-08-2011, 7:38pm
I have a Canon g11 with the flip screen , and i sure do wish my 40D had it as well ..:)