PDA

View Full Version : Merging software in Mac? for making panos

Patagonia
20-07-2011, 11:32am
What you guys use for stitching photos (RAW, NEF) in Mac? ...hopefully free application :D

I used the canon photo stitch for Windows before, on the Mac I have Nikon ViewNX2 and Lightroom 3, think they cannot merge photos or I´m wrong?

Thanks!

ameerat42
20-07-2011, 12:13pm
Hi Patagonia.
In MS Windows I have used Hugin a fair bit. It has a version for Mac as well. Look on this page and scroll down a bit...
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/download/

Be aware that this program (Win ver) makes a resized temporary version the original images to 1600 on the long side to incorporate in the pano. Apart from this it usually is the best at stitching that I have used. I have also used PhotoStitch.
Am.

Patagonia
20-07-2011, 12:56pm
Thanks, will try tomorrow...now to sleep :)

ameerat42
20-07-2011, 3:19pm
Sorry to greet you with this when you awake: I just read again and noted that you asked about stitching raw files. Hmm! No can do, I think.
Am.

Calxoddity
20-07-2011, 3:51pm
Hi,
I use PSE 6 for pano stitching, but have also used Hugin. In the case of PSE6 I can nominate raw files and it will pano them, but the save format obviously isn't going to be raw! PSE9 is now available from the App Store, so might be more affordable for you.

Note that the above method won't work for processed raw files, so if you're expecting NX2 edits to be carried into a pano, you might be disappointed (unless you make tiffs first and then pano them). Hope that makes sense?