PDA

View Full Version : D-D-Photographics and warranty

agb
28-06-2011, 2:37pm
I just wondered if anyone here had ever had to send a camera back to D-D-Photographics for a warranty repair and if so how they got on with it. My camera is having a fit at the moment and I have phoned them, and emailed them information they asked for,and the action they promised would happen has not yet happened and I am getting a little concerned with their lack of response. I am not saying it wont happen, just that I thought that they would be a bit better at the service they are giving.
I bought the camera here in Brisbane because they had a store here, but as luck would have it they closed the store last week, and now everything has to go back to Sydney.
One of the issues with buying grey I suppose, though I thought that an $1800 Canon would not give me any problems, and that D-D would be good to deal with since I could do it face to face.
Kiwi would say I should have bought Nikon.:D

kiwi
28-06-2011, 2:48pm
I would :D

I did return a lens, well a teleconverter, once to D-D and they had repaired no problem as it was < 12 months from them

Shame their store is gone from Brisvegas though, I hadnt caught up with that :(

Mary Anne
28-06-2011, 2:52pm
Sorry I cannot help ... I buy most of my lenses from there and I noticed they shut up shop earlier this month..
I would never buy a Grey Market camera, and got my 5D Mk11 at Photo Continental for about $40 more well worth it
Why should you have bought a Nikon I bet that dont honor the makers warranty on a Grey Market camera either..

kiwi
28-06-2011, 2:53pm
Because Nikon are great and Canon is, well, not great :)

agb
28-06-2011, 3:10pm
Sorry I cannot help ... I buy most of my lenses from there and I noticed they shut up shop earlier this month..
I would never buy a Grey Market camera, and got my 5D Mk11 at Photo Continental for about $40 more well worth it
Why should you have bought a Nikon I bet that dont honor the makers warranty on a Grey Market camera either..
Someone would have told me they Nikon would not have broken down:D

agb
28-06-2011, 3:12pm
Action stations, something seems to be happening.:)

kiwi
28-06-2011, 4:11pm
Someone would have told me they Nikon would not have broken down:D

We;;, all I can say is that I have personally owned 6 Nikon camera bodies without a hiccup....

agb
12-07-2011, 10:54am
I should update this to say that after a couple of phone calls and emails they sent me a label and mainifest, Australian air express collected it , D_D contacted me that it had gone to the service centre wherever that might be, rang me when it was due to be back and then sent it back with Australian air express. Worked out quite well in the end,and I have not been charged for the cost of freigth there or back,and for all of that I thank them.
And the problem seems to have been resolved which makes it even better. I had to go back to the Pentax *istdL for a workshop I did and it was not a good experience after the 7D.:D

disruptfam
02-08-2011, 3:34pm
I would :D

I did return a lens, well a teleconverter, once to D-D and they had repaired no problem as it was < 12 months from them

Shame their store is gone from Brisvegas though, I hadnt caught up with that :(

They no longer have the store @ newfarm/bris?

agb
02-08-2011, 4:37pm
They no longer have the store @ newfarm/bris?
Yes Newfarm is closed.

AdamR
08-08-2011, 10:42am
Had no probs with warrantys on a flash.

Lance B
08-08-2011, 1:26pm
We;;, all I can say is that I have personally owned 6 Nikon camera bodies without a hiccup....

So, Nikon cameras also cure hiccups?? :lol: Wonderful news!!

kiwi
08-08-2011, 1:28pm
medical marvel. must be contantly having a smile when looking at nikon images rather than a grimace that does it

agb
08-08-2011, 2:18pm
I would prefer if there were no more comments on this thread. I got a good result from D-D and they were more than helpful, my earlier fears were unfounded.They covered the cost of shipping to and from their shop in Sydney, had the job done in a short time, communicated the result and I got the camera back and all is working fine since. What more could I ask of them.
Hiccups completely cured.