PDA

View Full Version : windows vs mac

casho
22-06-2011, 8:57pm
hi
i was wondering if someone could help me.
i am looking at purchasing photoshop and i was wondering if i should go for just cs5 or if i should look in to something like creative premium i also want to know if windows or mac is better for these programs. i am possibly looking at upgrading my laptop as it (windows 7) appears to struggle when in photoshop elements 8)
i appreciated any help thanks:eek:

agb
22-06-2011, 9:00pm
Oh my God, do you realise what you have done. The Apples will get thrown through the Windows before this thread ends I bet.

Calxoddity
22-06-2011, 9:04pm
Before you decide what the answer is, work out the question. The question is: "why is my Win 7 machine struggling with PSE8"?

Tannin
22-06-2011, 9:06pm
Try walking up to the hill at Bathurst. Last weekend in October. Wear a t-shirt. On the front, it says "HOLDEN SUCKS (something unmentionable)". On the back, it says "FORD IS (something else unmentionable)".

Well, try that if you are still alive after this thread finishes, and you still want to die violently.

Tannin
22-06-2011, 9:07pm
Before you decide what the answer is, work out the question. The question is: "why is my Win 7 machine struggling with PSE8"?

Exactly. It should run it standing on its ear. Get a technician to look at it and tell you why it is broken. (Oh, and fix it too, obviously.)

reflect
23-06-2011, 8:41am
hahahaha...............mac or pc. chicken or egg. I think they both work and let the debate begin, as the others have said your laptop should handle PSE8, it may be cheaper to have this problem sorted out then explore PSE8 to its fullest, before making any further purchases,leaving you with more money for more glass ! :D

woofie
28-06-2011, 10:55pm
Well as already stated not normally a question that should get asked.

In the past the answer probably would have been Mac. These days though I don't think it really matters (personally)...
Mac use Intel chipset and so do Windows, so CPU is the same... 64bit Operating System will allow enough RAM to do what your after... Really just comes down to what Operating System you prefer to use... Oh and the cost, Mac is more then a Windows based PC/Laptop.

Kinda like asking what is a better camera, Canon or Nikon :)