PDA

View Full Version : Question about "Genuine Fractals"

ameerat42
12-06-2011, 11:31am
Hi Folks.
Recently someone mentioned this program in a thread and so I tried the 30-day trial version as a Photoshop plugin.

The result was that the image contained an "overlay" of little "GF" icons, even making it hard to "evaluate" the result.

In a huff I uninstalled the program and plugin, and then later I was wondering if this is how it "supposed" to work.

Anybody know? - for the trial version.
Thanks, Am.

Mary Anne
12-06-2011, 11:55am
If its a free trial lots of software have trademaks on them, after all they want to sell their product :D

ameerat42
12-06-2011, 11:59am
Thanks, M A. I think they hobbled themselves in my case. Even the "GF"s had little artifacts around them that mucked up the image a bit.
(Humph!)
Am.

ricktas
12-06-2011, 2:59pm
yep. quite a few trial plugins do that. It is there way of getting you to buy the product.

Boo53
12-06-2011, 4:27pm
I've used Genuine Fractals and been happy with it as a program.

About 9 months ago 1 of my sons wanted to print some shots he took with a 4mp p&s in South America at A3 size so it was left to Dad to sort out the quality issues (even thought he has degrees in Electrical Engineering & Computer Science).

I trialled a few programs & ended up buying Genuine Fractals, which did a pretty good job. It has subsequently been upgraded (free upgrade) to a product called Perfect Resize which is a bit more memory hungry but is, otherwise, easy to use