PDA

View Full Version : Wee Adventure

Wilky
09-06-2011, 10:03pm
What seems like a lifetime ago I started building a tender for our boat "Adventure" which hopefully by the end of the year we will be calling it home.

Anyway a few of the folks here were watching Wee Adventure take shape. Due to life getting in the way living I was offline for quite a while but I am pleased to say that Wee Adventure made it into the water.

So for your viewing pleasure here she is.

It all has to start with a plan and some bits of wood.

Wilky
09-06-2011, 10:16pm
Gluing it together and trying to make the pieces fit

Mary Anne
09-06-2011, 11:03pm
I really like it :wd:

Nikkie
10-06-2011, 5:23am
A lot of work involved by the looks of it how long did it take you from start to water got any photos of Wee's first time in the water would love to see them

Wilky
10-06-2011, 8:45pm
Mary Anne ta and Nikkie you could build it in say 2 weeks from plan to water if you worked on it every day all day. Slowest part is waiting for glue, epoxy and paint to dry.

So now I do the finishing touches and it's launching time.

Most noticeable thing about it is it is super easy row and very stable. Very pleased with it. Probably $200 all up.

Kaktus
11-06-2011, 11:42am
Great Doco, thanks for sharing !

Mark L
11-06-2011, 9:14pm
Great Doco, thanks for sharing !

Agree. You look so pleased in the second last photo, as you should be. I can only dream about doing something like this. (not a handyman)

William
12-06-2011, 5:40pm
Well done Wilky, Nice work mate , Also something I could'nt do , I'm a Screw Driver and spanner man :D

Wilky
12-06-2011, 8:58pm
Glad you liked it. Mark and William, never say never, it all depends on how badly you want or need it. If you can read the plans then you could build it. In my case I needed it as a tender. Plus I enjoy building things with wood and there are some really good products out there for covering up stuff ups :D

Analog6
29-08-2011, 9:23am
Looks great!