PDA

View Full Version : AF microadjustment tecnique - a different and effective method.

fastr1red
24-05-2011, 9:02pm
I did a search and didn't find this article anywhere so thought I'd post it for the benefit of others. If It's not appropriate please feel free to remove.

I used this method myself and found it so much easier and more accurate than the 45deg paper method.

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/cameras/1ds3_af_micoadjustment.html

It's suitable for all camera with a microadjustment.
I hope it helps some.
CHeers

JohnB5319
26-05-2011, 2:55pm
Thanks! I'll give it a go. I have a LensCal but I'm interested to try this technique.

Papou
07-03-2012, 8:03am
Recently tried this with my 24-105 just to see if it was out and by how much??..Only needed a slight adjustmnent and wehat did confuse me was how to recognise which way to adjust, +or_??. Just worked out i did adjust in the right direction and and still keen to know how to know right off the batt which way to adjust if you arent actually having much of a back or front focus issue.
All i was mainly after was to try achieve sharper focus..
Keen to know from other the variouse methods out bn about of lens calibration and which has been easy and a success for them
As for the above method ?/ only one ive tried after being introduced to it by a good Friend and easy as it is i guess i will just have to spend the time with the Lens to see if there really was an inprovement through its entire focal length??.
Cheers