PDA

View Full Version : my easter weekend trip to strahan, west coast tasmania.

rowdy23
02-05-2011, 10:51pm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61944155@N08/sets/72157626628892472/

great weather up there sunday and monday... so i went stupid with shots whilst the rain was away.

rear of boat shot - was taken on the " lady jane 2 " gordon river cruise.. it was amazing.

beach shots - were taken at ocean beach at sunset, i had never been to westcoast b4 ( living in

tassie my whole 33 years ) and had vnever seen a sunset dissapear behind the flat ocean horizon.

waterfall shots - were taken at hogarth falls in strahan, very misty so getting good shots was harder than expected.

b/w rocks - taken at trial harbour 50km north of strahan, and 20kms drive to beach ( very rough )
the coast panoramic is trial harbour.

its an incredible spot for photographers

JohnB5319
02-05-2011, 11:55pm
Well, you certainly didn't waste your time there, did you?! A wonderful collection with great diversity. There are many to like - I particularly like the waterfall with the whirlpool. Last time I visited Strahan I had one of the first Kodak digitals. Might be time to go back!!

Well done.

rowdy23
02-05-2011, 11:58pm
ha ha !! thanks john...... i was stuffed after the weekend.... good thing about that area though , most stuff is close together and didnt req alot of travels

cheers

Dylan & Marianne
03-05-2011, 6:15am
Hey Josh - that looks just an amazing weekend for photography that you had there - the weather was great wasn't it - almost tooo good! even at cradle mountain.
I like the panoramaic series, the covered over boat at the pier and the lushness of the ferns in the waterfalls in particular - a must visit place for next time :)
Usually, day time shots aren't as impactful but your first image captured me immediately :)
I also like the tanin colour in the waterfalls you've caught too!
The sunsets in the west can be just amazing from my one experience there at the Arthur River !

rowdy23
03-05-2011, 6:43pm
thanks for comments mate....
i actually got a little excited whilst at ocean beach.. i thought i saw you guys on the beach a couple of hundred metres away... i ran half way then realised it wasnt you...... i was hoping to meet you.

next time :)

josh