PDA

View Full Version : Because i'm too scared to post in the CC yet ;p

bridiexo
18-04-2011, 10:54pm
So this is my 2nd post here, and first attempting to show my photos other then to people through the facebook feed. Bit scary!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bridiexo/sets/72157625155050508/
Here's my flickr account, mostly photos of my adorable daughter (As her mother I have to say that, but seriously, she's pretty cute!)

The oldest photos are at the top, working down to the most recent, all are taken from Oct' 2010 onwards.

Hope you enjoy lurking through :) x

ricktas
19-04-2011, 6:22am
Hi,

members generally will not click a link and go to another site to look at a photo/some photos. Have a read of this Library article (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=How_Do_I:Flickr_:_How_to_link_photos_into_Ausphotography) on how to link your Flickr photos so the actual photo appears in your AP thread.

Don't be concerned about posting photos for CC, after all the only person that doesn't gain from that, is you. If you want to learn how to improve your photography, you need to get CC.

arthurking83
19-04-2011, 6:50am
That's it!

As Rick said, no need for concern on your part about receiving CC.
In general, the CC given on AP is accurate and respectful.
The only one that will gain from taking that leap of faith is yourself, so read other's thoughts(and remember you don't necessarily have to agree with them either!) and take what you can from those thoughts.

Tip: try to keep the number of images per thread(for CC) between 1 and 3 or so,. Too many images makes it difficult to scroll up and down the screen to review the images as you compose the CC reply... Oh! and number them too :th3:

WhoDo
19-04-2011, 7:15am
Well, I've clicked on your link to have a look at some of your work and I'd say you have absolutely NOTHING to fear! There are some great shots in there, including some with experimentation in angle, composition and colour! Well worth sharing with the rest of the community. The criticism around here is assiduously CONSTRUCTIVE so if you look at it as though the member is genuinely taking the time to try and help you improve your craft, you have nothing to lose! Cheers. :beer_mug:

selaw
19-04-2011, 7:32am
hi bridiexo, just had a quick look at a few on your stream, particularly the Wellington Point shots (an old fave of mine) and I strongly encourage you to post some here in AP. I have a few suggestions for some of them and would rather cc them in here. As Rick suggested most people dont want to follow links off site to afford their own cc.

Members providing cc also gain experience & confidence in providing that feedback so it becomes a win win for both parties. You will find that you receive faster cc here (in my experience anyway) so in essence, potentially learn faster.

Remeber, you don't have to accept it as it is someone else's opionion / preference (yet still constructive). 'Salt' is a good analogy, it may end up all over your food but you don't have to eat it.

As you learn and become more confident your enjoyment will jump to new heights. Don't be afraid, put some up and trust in yourself. I look forward to seeing some soon :)

Fredo
19-04-2011, 8:13am
Bridiexo,
If you really are keen to improve - post shots in AP for CC.
There are a lot of very good TOGs here so the learning curve can be very steep.
Just remember they are talking about the shot you post, don't take the CC personally.
I'm new to photography, and I don't even have a DSLR - :shh: - and they tolerate me!
Fredo

bridiexo
19-04-2011, 11:52am
thanks everyone! I'll pick some a bit later and find the link to post the pics directly - thanks for the heads up! :o

selaw
19-04-2011, 7:00pm
thanks everyone! I'll pick some a bit later and find the link to post the pics directly - thanks for the heads up! :o

Good on you :th3:

Glenr
12-05-2011, 11:38pm
CC is good. How else are you going to learn?