PDA

View Full Version : Help on Online photo storage

ksolomon
31-03-2011, 6:30pm
Still very new here so sorry if this is answered already. Normally with my photos I post to facebook on my profile however very recently I have my own website up and running but it is still a work in progress (if that makes sense).
Can someone please help me with suggestions of where to store photos online to link here and for family who are not on FB. I only want certain photos on my web, naturally not everything I do.

Help really would be appreciated, I am lost and desperate.

kiwi
31-03-2011, 6:38pm
Picassa ?
Flickr ?
Smughug ?

there are literally hundreds

ksolomon
31-03-2011, 6:45pm
I realise there is many, can I get any further advice on which is better or what AP users are using and if you have had good experience with the site (ie photos safe, not getting stolen etc)

tanz
31-03-2011, 6:51pm
This thread might help you http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?36571-Which-Photo-Hosting-Site-Do-You-Prefer&highlight=hosting

ricktas
31-03-2011, 7:26pm
Read the T&C of each one and make your decision, like Camera brands, an online hosting site is basically personal choice. We cannot say what will suit you, rather give you the options and then it's up to you to decide which one. See the link in Tanz thread for some of the sites used by AP members.

kiwi
31-03-2011, 8:04pm
Just go with piccassa, to prevent stealing password protect your albums so a least you know who is stealing them. There's no way to protect photos on a publicly available website, though if you make the uploaded photos small then it makes them less prone to printing.