PDA

View Full Version : are we allowed to do anything?

James Axford
26-03-2011, 5:57pm
take in a museum in Florence.

http://jimmyax.smugmug.com/Travel/travels/IMG8570/1228790589_HSn4K-O.jpg

Kafter244
26-03-2011, 8:03pm
E vietato fotografia...don't think you're allowed to take photos ;) lol. Like it!

Ms Monny
26-03-2011, 8:12pm
no breathing! :lol:

Mark L
26-03-2011, 9:05pm
Doesn't say you're not allowed to post it on AP. So you did.:)

arthurking83
26-03-2011, 9:55pm
do they allow you to turn back and check out another museum? :p

Anyhow.. the way I'm reading those 'universal' signs, in order from top left to bottom right:

No: (what's that??) ten pin bowling whilst holding luggage?.. drinking bottles of wine whilst listening to old records? .. billy carts with spoilers! :D .. punching into padded walls? .. no acustic guitars? :confused: ..
.. no painting with brushes allowed :confused013(alternatively, no wavy painting strokes allowed?? Only straight line painting allowed) .. this next one is either scissors, or umbrellas with walking canes? .. this next one is confusing! it's either a short tailed pointer canine of some type, or a mutant four legged duck! .. no waving at people whilst standing in front of windows(or alternatively whilst holding a set square?) .. and finally no rangerfinders or PEN type cameras allowed! That doesn't look like any DSLR that I know of could be a high end compact with separate viewfinder, so does that mean that any cameras that don't look like the one on the sign are allowed?

Damned Salone de Bullshitento more like it! :rolleyes:

BTW, good catch James.

Mary Anne
27-03-2011, 2:20am
:lol::lol::lol: Good one Arthur I needed a laugh..

James a great photo dont know if anyone takes notice any more though.. Does that mean Yes to Mobile Phones

Gemini2261
27-03-2011, 4:30am
Their signs are interesting, just like the "NON FUMARE" signs with the authorities standing directly under the sign engaging in "FUMARE".

I use to love the "NON TOCARE" signs in the clothing shops...you could stand & look at the clothes on the hangers on the rack but don't dare touch them or even worse, attempt to try them on! :eek:

Analog6
27-03-2011, 9:54am
And 'Defense de verboten' - so if someone attacks you, just lie back and take it. Crazy old world.

And the 'Sala incontri' - did they mean the room for the incontinent?:D

James Axford
27-03-2011, 10:16am
lol
glad everyone liked it :D
they really have some cracker signs over in Europe. i swear you could do a coffee table book just on that, if someone already hasn't?
No walking sticks... so no disabled people lol

la lumiere
30-03-2011, 8:40pm
I'm with Arthur - love it - Salone de Bullshitento- most likely elephanto bullshitento! :efelant:

old dog
30-03-2011, 9:21pm
looks a lot like you cant do anything James. I had to laugh when we went into the Royal palace, Bangkok......no guns allowed there as well...:lol: