PDA

View Full Version : Printing Photo's?

Cobalt Blue
04-03-2011, 11:58am
I was just wondering where people get their photo's printed?

Do you chose that place for quality, cost, or time it takes?

Is a particular type of photo paper better than others? Or is it just as good to got to BigW and print your pics there?

Also which is the best place to have your photo put onto a canvas?

TIA

T

Kym
04-03-2011, 1:08pm
B&W photographics here in Adelaide, esp when pickup.
RGB in Brisbane/Online are very good as well.

They at least calibrate their gear ;)

andylo
04-03-2011, 1:09pm
I am working in Brisbane CBD and I have tried both the camera house and Ted's. I prefer Ted's as the HP machine's interface is more user friendly to me. ( in terms of customise how I want my photos looks like)

If you are a ted's member it's only 12c per 5*4 print. I choice them because both the quality and price. But if there is any place around have better quality but higher price, I will go for the quality.

I also prefer mat finish above gloss.

There is a canvas place I want to try in Garden City for some of my better landscape shots, but never have a chance to swing by them lately.

Kym
04-03-2011, 1:10pm
Canvas via site sponsors http://www.bluehorizonprinting.com.au/

joffa
04-03-2011, 2:36pm
I use digitalworks direct because I can just upload them and they print them and mail them back to me. Only thing I found though was the first time I printed some images that I'd edited on my pc when I got them back in the mail they had a wierd colour cast and were oversaturated. This is because my monitor had not been calibrated so what I was seeing on my screen was different to how it would actually look printed.

Once the screen was calibrated they were all good.