View Full Version : screen calibrATION

macmich
15-02-2011, 10:28am
what do users of the spyder 3 express think of the product
i am going to get a calibrater and thought i should ask the question first
cheers macca

mal from cessnock
15-02-2011, 2:10pm
Spyder 3 Express - I woulnd't know, but I've been using the Spyder 3 Pro for a couple of years now and swear by it.
Once calibrated, the subtle change to screen colours makes me feel a lot more secure with my editing, knowing that my image will print just how I see it on my monitors.
The Spyder 3 Pro, has never failed me.

macmich
15-02-2011, 2:59pm
thanks mal
i dont no if i would jump up that much for the pro price
i think i would put it towards glass
i still hope some else tells me the 3 express will do the job
cheers macca

mal from cessnock
15-02-2011, 4:12pm
Mac - I wasn't recommending the pro over the express - what I was trying to say is I hadn't heard of the "express" but I do know about the "pro"
How much is the "express" anyway? I can't imagine you'll have much to add to your "glass" funds from this small saving, but yes, it all adds up.
I'm eager to hear what others say about the "express" - I would think it will do the same job as the "pro"
Google it, I'm sure you'll find a review somewhere :)

macmich
15-02-2011, 4:23pm
mal
alls cool mate i might have been looking at wrong prices or wrong supplier
i just had a look and i can get the pro for 243 dollars i was looking at 128 for the express but i thought the pro was about 400 dollars or so
but at the price i just seen i will grab the pro
hows cessnock going nice little place your in there
cheers macca

mal from cessnock
15-02-2011, 4:29pm
My spyder cost me $299 direct from DataColor at the photo thingy at Darling Harbour -

Cessnock - beautiful one day, perfect the next. Although my four children have abandoned the place - they call it "Cesspool"