PDA

View Full Version : Water Damaged Konica film SLR & lenses from Brisbane Floods

LVL
17-01-2011, 2:24pm
Hi everyone,

I was helping some friends on the weekend who were cleaning out their house after getting flood water of about a metre high through the ground floor.

We located an old Konika film SLR with two lenses. Sorry for the lack of detail as I am going from memory here. One lens was a 40mm, I think it was an f1:6. The other was a macro lens. I think it was a zoom that went to about 50 or 70mm.

They were all fully submerged and have mud and silt on them from the flood water.

I was just wondering if there is any chance of salvaging the camera and/or lenses and if so, what it would cost.

Thank you all in advance.

LVL

wolffman
19-01-2011, 9:50am
I think the replacement cost would be significantly less than the repair costs.
Sorry

LVL
19-01-2011, 10:22am
Thanks Wolffman. I thought that might be the case but was hoping I was wrong.

ricktas
19-01-2011, 10:24am
if they have been in the water for that long, chances are, if you could get them clean and working, they would rust over the coming months. Add them to the insurance list (if contents insured and covered).

geck
19-01-2011, 11:58pm
If it's a manual body you might be able to get it going, but if it's electronic your chances are probably slim to none.. You could probably clean the lenses up ok if they're manual, maybe even if they're AF too, but it depends how far into the you can get without special tools.

jjphoto
20-01-2011, 9:30am
Check if one of the lenses is a Konica Hexanon 57mm F 1.2, but unlikely. If so then it's worth fixing.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?_nkw=konica+57+1.2&_sacat=0&LH_AvailTo=15&_odkw=konica+57/1.2&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

JJ