PDA

View Full Version : Printing on Aluminium?

Aus Mackem
01-01-2011, 7:44pm
Hi Guys,

I have a couple of panoramic landscapes which I'd like to get printed but I'm really interested in getting them printed onto a metallic finish as it really seems to make the colours 'pop'. I've seen some work put on to what looks like a thin aluminium sheet (it may be direct or it may be pasted on, i'm not sure) but was wondering if anyone has had experience of doing this and if so what their thoughts/experiences are.

Hopefully this makes sense to someone.

Thanks in advance.

WhoDo
01-01-2011, 9:52pm
Print on vinyl and adhere to aluminium is probably the most cost-effective way to go. Talk to some of your local sign manufacturers who also do large format printing. I hope that helps. :)

Lani
01-01-2011, 10:09pm
Have a look at print2metal.com, I haven't had anything done there but I have seen some images a friend has done, and they look very good.

Aus Mackem
01-01-2011, 10:21pm
Thanks guys, both posts are helpful.

Funnily enough Lani I had been looking at print2metal and that is where I was considering ordering from. In fact I have now ordered their sample pack thanks to your post.

In the meantime I will also take WhoDoo's advice and talk to some sign manufacturers to see what they can offer as ideally I'd like the place to be local.

Thanks again for your help.