reaction
30-12-2010, 11:14am
and now it won't boot. under warranty but nobody's working! what luck ;(

ricktas
30-12-2010, 12:01pm
ouch!

colinl
30-12-2010, 1:03pm
I can sympathise. We bought a new Toshiba lap top for my wife last month. A couple of days before Christmas the "C" ket stopped working, the next day "X" and "V" stopped working. We are now waiting for Toshiba to start business again.

reaction
30-12-2010, 4:36pm
strange nothing computer related is open this time!

colinl
30-12-2010, 6:14pm
I had a similar problem with my salt water chlorinator for my pool. It failed the weekend before Christmas. I ordered one on-line as the local shop just wanted to sell me the same brand as the failed one. I have had it 3 years and have had continued problems with it, so I thought a different brand might be the go. Anyway, by the time the fund transfer went through and the chlorinator arrived it was xmas eve. I was pretty happy with that service, but after opening the box, which was all bubble wrapped, I noticed it had been dropped. When I looked inside the cell was broken and the control unit heavily dented. I emailed them and they replied quickly, but I need to send the old one back and they need to send a replacement. Unfortunately we have to wait until they return to work next week to do this.