PDA

View Full Version : any recommended Free Website hosting of Photos

PerfectPicture
19-12-2010, 2:57pm
Hi All,

Anybody please recommended a Free Website hosting for my Photos l take for a volunteer organisation. l previously setup a webs.com account, but you only get 80~ MB of space. (already had to create 2 other sites and link it to the first).

What do you guys and girls recommend for a good free photo gallery site?

Any help if appreciated :)

Cheers

Dylan & Marianne
20-12-2010, 2:58pm
flickr lets you keep up to 200 photos
smugmug I think is less restrictive and very customisable (though we pay for an account so I'm not sure what the free service is like)
smugmug also seems to have got us on to google first search result for our names with our everlook site so they must have some uber tagging system???

ameerat42
20-12-2010, 3:14pm
Well, there are heaps, but I use Skydrive. You only need a Hotmail or Windows Live account. Then u get 25 GB free space and you can upload files that do not exceed 50 MB. It's sometimes a bit cumbersome, I find, but it worx.
Here's (http://explore.live.com/windows-live-skydrive) the link.
Am.
PS as Edit: I have never seen a numerical limit on the number of photos/files.

kiwi
20-12-2010, 3:29pm
facebook obviously

ricktas
20-12-2010, 3:51pm
Photobucket, same as flickr, lets you create albums and password protect them if you don't want everyone looking.

ving
20-12-2010, 4:18pm
i use photobucket personally. but there are plenty out there. i just use PB as a host to link to. if you want a free place to actually set up a gallery you could try wix. I have seen a few good wix sites.

BLWNHR
21-12-2010, 11:42am
facebook obviously

+1

Easy, simple, you can direct link etc.

kiwi
21-12-2010, 2:19pm
Yup, dont discount the power of tagging

Gerard
06-02-2011, 11:34am
i use photobucket personally. but there are plenty out there. i just use PB as a host to link to. if you want a free place to actually set up a gallery you could try wix. I have seen a few good wix sites.

I second photobucket. I use it extensively to link images when up loading to web sites.