PDA

View Full Version : picture quality

stacyb
15-12-2010, 9:07am
hi i was wondering do photos have to be sharp in colour or fuzzy .
or does it just depend on what you are taking a picture of.. and how do you know which way is right? help...:cool:

Speedway
15-12-2010, 9:19am
Post a few for CC and you will get answers.
Keith.

PH005
15-12-2010, 9:23am
Not really sure what you mean by " sharp in colour ". Can you elaborate a little ? :)

kiwi
15-12-2010, 9:37am
They have to be sharp where they have to be sharp, at least out of camera.

ricktas
15-12-2010, 1:01pm
Agree with kiwi, your subject needs to be sharp and in focus (unless you are being artistically creative), but not all elements of your photo need to be. it is all part of understanding how your camera works, and then you, as the photographer, determining the result of your shutter press.

stacyb
22-12-2010, 7:42am
hi what i meant to say was (sharp in colour) does the picture have to stand out or be crystal clear.. there are so many different views on the subject i am getting a little confused.. or does it just depend on what i personally like or think is a beaut photo..everyone's view on the subject through this web site are different so who should i listen too.help....:cool:

Debra Faulkner
22-12-2010, 7:51am
Stacy, as suggested already, you really need to post some photos in order to get some help about the questions you are asking. By 'sharp in colour' are you referring to the intensity of the colour? Have a look at this months competition called 'Diaphanous'. Does this idea link to your queries?

tmd77
22-12-2010, 3:32pm
i think stacy might be referring to bokeh and DOF.

i.e whether the subject should stand out and the background be "fuzzy" or whether the whole picture should be in focus.

that said i could be wrong

ving
22-12-2010, 3:45pm
its really hard to say... generally speaking you want your subject of interests to stand out from its background and be in focus... but its not a rule and it all depends on what you are trying to convey. :confused013

give us examples and i'll try and help out :)

kiwi
22-12-2010, 3:46pm
I think she means that too, can you post an example to a thread on ap that represents what you are talking about ?