PDA

View Full Version : lightroom

Danielle10
07-12-2010, 2:12pm
im not sure where to put this thread.. hope here is ok, if not someone can move it.

i had a brief intro to lightroom last night at my course and i have to say...
I WANT IT BAD!!!!

does anyone know of where is a good place to buy from at a good price?
Im sydney if that helps.

Thanks for your help

kiwi
07-12-2010, 2:15pm
Youll find that adobe pricing is all pretty much the same everywhere

If you are a student you can get a good price though

Danielle10
07-12-2010, 2:58pm
Oh poo :(
I have an old tafe card from my dental nurse course, it's only 10 years old... You think might work? Lol

ricktas
07-12-2010, 4:50pm
Buy it online direct from Adobe, download, install and away you go. You can download a 30 day trial first as well so you get 30 days to decide if it is what you need.

soulman
08-12-2010, 10:13am
I just did a search on StaticIce (http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=lightroom+3&spos=1) and it's available at a few places for under $400.

wolffman
09-12-2010, 1:45pm
You can get a reasonably priced copy on eBay shipped from the states. Once you have downloaded the trial version you can simply input the serial code on the purchased box and it's good to go.

silkdiver
17-12-2010, 10:43am
I am starting to get the hang of Lightroom 3, (emphasis on the starting). I found some great tutorials from AdobeTV, there is a small series of them, they are perfect for the beginner/trialer using LR3

http://tv.adobe.com/show/getting-started-with-adobe-photoshop-lightroom-3/

kiwi
17-12-2010, 10:48am
Best thing you can do is get Kelby's book

jeffde
17-12-2010, 11:19am
I bought mine from www.citysoftware.com.au - In Sydney - great service (next day) and reasonable prices - but then you get an email everyday for life....

silkdiver
17-12-2010, 11:40am
I bought mine from www.citysoftware.com.au - In Sydney - great service (next day) and reasonable prices - but then you get an email everyday for life....

I looked at them, did you buy the student edition?

silkdiver
17-12-2010, 11:41am

Already ordered and I am hoping mine will show up next week :xmas31:

maccaroneski
17-12-2010, 11:45am

the best thing for me was to sign up at lynda.com and do the course - 13 hours of video, but well worth it. If you can do it in a month, then it will only cost you $25 (the site works on a monthly subscription basis). It took me about 3 weeks to get through doing a couple of modules every other night.

Kelbytraining.com works in a similar way - and there is lots more on photography that you can get for your $25 (lynda.com concentrates on software) - but I haven't done any of the courses there.

Wayno
25-05-2011, 8:05am
Thanks for the tip on the video lesson.

ksolomon
25-05-2011, 12:36pm

I totally agree with Kiwi, spent money to do a one on one course to learn the basics now I have bought Scott's book and wow so much more makes sense and works you through each step of the way, he also teaches by allowing you to download and practice on the actual photo he talks about.

FallingHorse
25-05-2011, 3:36pm

I just got mine - well worth the $ if you ask me

Viper
03-07-2011, 1:38pm

Ditto on both counts :)