PDA

View Full Version : King Kong Gear Bag Anyone ???

PH005
20-11-2010, 2:49pm
Just wondering if anyone has a King Kong 30 backpack Camera bag ? If so , what is it like in quality and performance. Have found a new one on the net , and it seems ok, but cannot find a review anywhere.

Cheers

Paul.

Boo53
22-11-2010, 2:37pm
Paul

Do you have a link to this gear.

Obviously I don't have one to comment on, but always interested to have a squiz at new gear

James Axford
22-11-2010, 3:38pm
Paul

Do you have a link to this gear.

Obviously I don't have one to comment on, but always interested to have a squiz at new gear

just did a quick search on google John,
here a link
http://www.weifengchina.com/pro/index_show.asp?id=1530

Looks pretty big and fairly light too.

PH005
22-11-2010, 4:25pm
Boo and James. Yes thats the one. I found it on ebay and it is a reasonable price but wasn't sure about the quality. What do you think ?

Boo53
22-11-2010, 4:45pm
Hard to tell from the photo on the site, but from the dimensions there's about 35mm padding around it which isn't too bad.

I must admit that, coming from a bushwalking background and having a stuffed right shoulder, I prefer to have a substantial waist belt as well to get the weight off my shoulders. If you're not going to have it on for long walks or a couple of hours at a time probably not that important.

I'd be a little cautious about it "waterproof" claim as well - shower proof might be more like it.