PDA

View Full Version : A little mac help please

Mr Lensbaby
14-11-2010, 10:40am
Dont know how it started don't know how to get rid of it pops up every 5 minutes .Have goggled and nothing has worked but its now 100% pissing me off any one

PLEASE

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4130/5173266942_80b321a282.jpg

Wakaleo
14-11-2010, 10:57am
Not sure about this Mr Lensbaby, but have you installed any software lately that gives you the option to install a Yahoo search bar? I don't know much about Macs (presuming that's what the topic title means) but if you're using Windows you could try Add/Remove Programs to see if there is anything Yahoo there, then uninstall it. You can also use the Extension Manager in Firefox (if you use it) to remove the Yahoo! Toolbar extension:

1. Click the "Tools" menu in the Firefox browser.
2. Click the "Extensions" menu item.
3. In the Extensions Manager window scroll until you find the Yahoo! Toolbar extension.
4. Click the Yahoo! Toolbar extension.
5. Click "Uninstall".
6. Click "OK" in the "Uninstall Yahoo! Toolbar" window.
7. Exit Extensions Manager and restart your browser.

Hope this helps.

Mr Lensbaby
14-11-2010, 11:26am
Thanks Wakaleo but its a MacBook I have a feeling its from a recent unwanted Firefox or Flickr update

Its not a tool bar that needs removing its a POP up

peterking
14-11-2010, 11:44am
Do you have a Yahoo e-mail account?
If yes then for some reason it is trying to Logon. This may be a result of the update. You will need to find how it is being set to logon and disable it.
If no then follow Wakaleo's advice because it will have been from the update.

Mr Lensbaby
16-11-2010, 7:06am
Thanks for you help so far but this problem still exists:action:

ricktas
16-11-2010, 7:47am
have you tried asking this on the mactalk forums? They are good over there in relation to all things Mac/i/apple

Wayne
16-11-2010, 8:45am
Possibly Yahoo IM trying to log on when you startup the machine, and then when it can't log in it keeps asking you to enter the p/word

Mr Lensbaby
16-11-2010, 9:58pm
Thanks all it was in Keychain access and was able to be deleted