PDA

View Full Version : Schneider Kreuznach TS lenses

James Axford
23-10-2010, 9:02pm
Has anyone looked into these lenses?
they are releasing 2 TS lenses for Canon, Nikon, Pentax and Sony mounts next year.

I'm looking the the 50mm f/2.8
I was very interested in the canon 45mm ts-e but it's not meant to be the best lens optically but at fairly good prices with the dollar that way it is at the moment, about 1,300Aus.

where as the Schneider Kreuznach 50mm would go for 2,800Euro, about 4,000Aus :eek:
but it might be worth it......

here's a link to what i'm looking at
http://www.photographyblog.com/news/schneider_kreuznach_-_photokina_2010/

Wayne
24-10-2010, 2:14am
They are the makers of B+W filters, so I would expect nothing less than exquisite glass.

jjphoto
24-10-2010, 7:26am
I'm sure these are fine lenses, optically, but being 'worth it' is always a relative thing. I'm sure they are for many people. I wonder if you can ever get your hands on one to try before you buy as this isn't an amount of money I'd part with based on a name or reputation.

What do you want to do with this lens?

JJ

James Axford
24-10-2010, 11:02am
I'm sure these are fine lenses, optically, but being 'worth it' is always a relative thing. I'm sure they are for many people. I wonder if you can ever get your hands on one to try before you buy as this isn't an amount of money I'd part with based on a name or reputation.

What do you want to do with this lens?

JJ

It sounds strange but I mostly want to use it for portraiture, I think it could open up a lot of creative options in this area.
It's also my favourite focal length when shooting portraits.
I also would use it for architecture.

No Idea where I could try this lens in melbourne, It's hard to get your hands on a zeiss let alone a schneider kreuznach :confused013

I haven't bought a lens for ages and I've been waiting for a good TS lens around this focal length. I was hoping canon would release a MK2 of the 45mm.
I feel if I do get it, it'll be a very unique lens, with unique results.
Hopefully it'll pay for its self one day if i do get it :)

Big Pix
24-10-2010, 12:23pm
50mm is not quite wide enough for architecture. I use a 24mm TS Nikon and find that even this has limitations .......... it is nice to have an edge or some thing that will give a different result, but at what cost as Nikon and Canon both make different focal length TS lens. The Nikon range of TS Lens are know for their sharpness

James Axford
24-10-2010, 10:28pm
50mm is not quite wide enough for architecture. I use a 24mm TS Nikon and find that even this has limitations .......... it is nice to have an edge or some thing that will give a different result, but at what cost as Nikon and Canon both make different focal length TS lens. The Nikon range of TS Lens are know for their sharpness

I already have the 17mm TS-e, which gives amazing results. I use it with the 1.4 converter with surprisingly good out come too.
so I'm good with the wide angle of architecture. I thought a 50mm would come in handy sometimes though.
But yes I think it would give me something different, and maybe the edge in some photos that others wouldn't be able to get...