PDA

View Full Version : Benro travel

Mircula
09-09-2010, 11:06am
Hey,

I was wondering what experience you have with Benro tripods.

From what i read they seem to be really really good value for money tripods.

I am looking at selling my manfrotto 190xprob and getting a lighter cheaper benro for my 5 month travel....

I am on a tight budget and will get rid of my battery grip on my 40d, so will only need to carry 40d + canon 100-300 5.6L worst case.....

Was looking at the:

Benro Tripod Quick Clip A-250EX

or

Benro Tripod Quick Clip A-350EX

or

Benro Tripod Aluminium A-058

Anyone using any of these?

And what do you think about there ball heads? :) On ebay are some really cheap combos for sale at the moment... :)

Thanks guys,

Mirc

Mircula
14-09-2010, 8:36am
no experiences here :( ?

I think i am just gonna go for one and see for myself... :)

DJT
14-09-2010, 11:13pm
no experiences here :( ?

I think i am just gonna go for one and see for myself... :)

Who'd a thought with so many members, no one has a Benro.
I have the same tripod as you. I've seen the Benro's but never had a close look so sorry can't advise. Haven't heard anything bad about them though. So good luck with your search :th3:

Regnis
15-09-2010, 3:28pm
I bought the Benro travel angel A-169 with the B-0 Ballhead (not the BH-0) for my trip to America and it was fantastic. The folder length is just 37cms. I was able to take it on the plane as carry on luggage (but make sure you take the allen key out or security will pull you up).

I found the tripod extremely sturdy, it also has a hook the you can put some weight, like you bag, on to make i sturdier in windy conditions.

I was a little hesitant about the screw locks. But after using it a couple of times I was able to set the tripod up very quick and now actually like the locks better than clips.

I really agree with everything that is written in the review below. I used this to help me when purchasing.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=879433

SnowA
15-09-2010, 4:26pm
I've just gotten a Benro C268 M8 but since you only asked about specific 'A' models and ballheads I didn't think I could offer you much of relevance.

FWIW, the build quality on mine seems very good. It's one of the travel angel series, so it folds down small - 41cm, and is light - 1.26kg minus head. I didn't go with a Benro head. No issues with the screw lock legs, having only previously used flick-lock type legs.

Mircula
18-09-2010, 10:56pm
Hello, thanks for your input on that.

Seems like a good bargain these benro tripods. i will get one of the cheaper ones and see how i go...

Cheers,

Mirc