PDA

View Full Version : New Mono pod, not sure what this part is for

pgbphotographytas
04-09-2010, 10:09pm
Hi,
Today I purchased a new mono pod as per the link below.
http://www.camerafarm.com.au/p/97636/TRIPODS_MONOPODS/Inca/535102.asp

It has a metal piece that is attached to the bottom and swings around, can anybody tell me what that is used for? It didn't come with a manual and it has me stumped, maybe I have missed the point of it :rolleyes:

Paul

Xenedis
04-09-2010, 10:15pm
Got a photo of it? The image in the site you linked is utterly useless as far as visually representing the product in a meaningful way.

jbee
04-09-2010, 10:20pm
Are you sure it's nor the camera and you are holding it the wrong way up :)

olympuse620
04-09-2010, 10:26pm
It is to put your foot on to stop the bottom of the mono moving

pgbphotographytas
04-09-2010, 11:05pm
Got a photo of it? The image in the site you linked is utterly useless as far as visually representing the product in a meaningful way.

Don't at the moment sorry, can try and take one tomorrow.

Are you sure it's nor the camera and you are holding it the wrong way up :)

Thanks but I am fairly sure I am holding the camera the right way :th3:

It is to put your foot on to stop the bottom of the mono moving

Thanks, I thought it might be but wanted to check as it seemed a bit weird to be for that but I guess they do some funny things at times.

Speedway
04-09-2010, 11:35pm
I got one of these about 6 months ago and pulled the foot bit off after a few days, although only cheep mine has had a lot of use with my 7D and 150-500 Sigma with no problems.Here is a link to a better picture http://www.soldsmart.com.au/l3.aspx?goods=PF0057

crafty1tutu
05-09-2010, 12:10am
I have a monopod but it doesn't have the bottom bit. I think it would be good to hold the monopod steady as mine seems to get the wobbles at times.

Analog6
05-09-2010, 5:07am
I had a cheapie I bought to try monopods out and it had that thing on it. I found it really annoying and it would not stay clipped up like it was supposed to. I had no regrets when I lost the monopod and had to buy a Manfrotto one, which does not have any silly gimmicks like that.

41jas
05-09-2010, 8:14am
I didn't think monopods had a handle attached to the top to adjust. What I can remember in seeing monos that they just screw to the base of the camera. Why would you want one with a handle when you can just move the whole thing?

BTW...where have you been Paul? It seems like ages since you have been on here. I thought you left us.

pgbphotographytas
05-09-2010, 8:21am
BTW...where have you been Paul? It seems like ages since you have been on here. I thought you left us.

I have been around but busy with some other things like work and some of my other hobbies which were taking up most of my time plus it has been a wet winter here so not much chance to get out and take photos. Now the weather is starting to get better I am going to be a lot more active on here :th3:

Speedway
05-09-2010, 12:16pm
Julie the screw is for attaching the head (pan-tilt or ball with quick release plate most come without) to the monopod. It is very hard to tilt the whole monopod more than a few degrees and maintain control without the head, this one comes with a pan-tilt head fitted.
Keith