PDA

View Full Version : Sigma 17-50 2.8 EX DC OS---WOW!

fastr1red
26-08-2010, 8:28pm
Picked this lens up today,,,
Took a quick snap of my cat, all I can say is wow, love it.
Here's hoping for a nice weekend!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t299/fastr1red/Random/snoball.jpg

maccaroneski
26-08-2010, 8:29pm
the lens looks great, but that is one freaky looking cat.

hus
26-08-2010, 8:38pm
Thats one of those VAN cats

thegumbootman
26-08-2010, 9:01pm
Looks good. Do you know how this compares to the Tamron 17-50?

fastr1red
26-08-2010, 9:10pm
the lens looks great, but that is one freaky looking cat.

She sleeps during the day but when we sleep at night she's on the prowl. Little kids go missing in the neighbourhood regularly and there are scratch marks on the walls and ceilings. I have bit marks around my neck, have no idea where they come from.

Thats one of those VAN cats

I thought it may have been but the vet says she's just a domestic house cat. My daughter picked her up a few years ago as a terribly malnourished stray kitten, was nearly dead, but as the daughter is a freedom fighter and animal liberationist etc, she brought her home and now she's a beautiful thing.

Looks good. Do you know how this compares to the Tamron 17-50?

Yeh I was contemplating the Tamron as well, but I think the only difference was this one has OS and the Tamron doesn't...(I Think??) I've been looking at both for a while now.

maccaroneski
26-08-2010, 11:37pm
The Tammy comes in two flavours - with and without.

hus
26-08-2010, 11:45pm
No no when I say VAN cats they are a special breed that have different colour in each eye and these cats love to swim as well. They only come from a region of Van in eastern Turkey.
Does this cat like playing in water or hate it like other cats?

fastr1red
26-08-2010, 11:52pm
No no when I say VAN cats they are a special breed that have different colour in each eye and these cats love to swim as well. They only come from a region of Van in eastern Turkey.
Does this cat like playing in water or hate it like other cats?

haha all good, I knew what you meant. The Turkish Van that actually comes from Persia.
She's not a water cat at all, but likes fresh drinking water only, by that I mean she will only drink water in the sink running from the tap, doesn't like playing in it though. She does have a few traits of the Turkish Van, different coloured eyes, slight yellow tinge in her pure white coat etc, but I can't be sure as the vet says domestic?? Maybe I should take her to a breeder.

hus
27-08-2010, 9:36am
When I first saw one of these cats I thought how strange but interesting anyway.
Strange enough to side track a photo forum into a cat forum, but the sigma seems as good as the tamron. I'll have to read up on it at dpreview I supppose, curiosity has got the better of me now.