PDA

View Full Version : 7D Up in flames, but:::

etherial
14-08-2010, 11:30am
Enough to make you cry!

7D Up in flames, but the memory card survived! (http://www.petapixel.com/2010/08/13/canon-7d-goes-up-in-flames-memory-card-escapes-unscathed/)

William
14-08-2010, 11:42am
:eek: I agree !! , Bit hard to turn the control knobs and buttons now though :Doh:

arthurking83
14-08-2010, 11:49am
:eek:

hangon!...... :umm:

.... something in the car exploded and went up in flames.....

Err... a macbook pro and a Canon camera were both in the car at the same time!..... note how only the back of the MG was burned out! ;)

well that explains it then! :lol:

moral of the story?
Stick with things that work.

hoffy
14-08-2010, 12:08pm
OK, so she bought a MGF......fail

And she had a 7D and a macbook pro...... make your own conclusions ;)

I am wondering whether she realised what she had done and is now looking for an MX5, a Sony A900 and a Dell XPS with the insurance money.....

Runs, hides, gets out flame suit...

arthurking83
14-08-2010, 12:18pm

I am wondering whether she realised what she had done and is now looking for an MX5, a Sony A900 and a Dell XPS with the insurance money.....

Runs, hides, gets out flame suit...

It's OK!

I have the fire extinguisher poised, at the ready :th3:

Not 100% sure about the Dell, but my 3 experiences with Dell notebooks(not mine), and one experience with their service dept :th3: ..... have all been positive.

Boo53
14-08-2010, 12:26pm
From the article

"Any guesses as to what would have happened if the camera was built with plastic rather than magnesium alloy?"

perhaps it was the magnesium that got a bit hot & went whoosh? :p

Lance B
14-08-2010, 12:32pm
From the article

"Any guesses as to what would have happened if the camera was built with plastic rather than magnesium alloy?"

perhaps it was the magnesium that got a bit hot & went whoosh? :p

Well, magnesium does have the propensity to burn. :)