PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Compact Flash Card delivered

balwoges
12-08-2010, 11:25am
After ordering a 8GB Sandisk Ultra 11 Compact Flash Card from a 'nameless' online store and received a plain Sandisk Ultra CF Card instead am wondering if I can use it in my new Canon 5d 11? :angry0:

Have tried to return the card but the store is being difficult about issuing a return no. for a refund/replace and I have a suspicion they are having difficulties so I am probably stuck with the card hence my question.

MarkChap
12-08-2010, 12:04pm
I think you will find that Sandisk have changed the naming convention they used for their cards.

They now have - Ultra - Extreme - Extreme Pro, I think.

SO you may have actually got what you ordered just the newer version of it

ving
12-08-2010, 12:30pm
I think you will find that Sandisk have changed the naming convention they used for their cards.

They now have - Ultra - Extreme - Extreme Pro, I think.

SO you may have actually got what you ordered just the newer version of itwell thats worth lookin into...

balwoges
12-08-2010, 1:07pm
Its confusing :umm:

Did a search on Sandisk website and it says CF card Extreme suitable for Canon 5d Mark 11.

Did a search on CheapasChips for Sandisk Ultra 11 and up comes 'SanDisk Ultra 11 - New High Speed CF' and the CF card is the one sent to me :Doh:

soulman
12-08-2010, 11:28pm
The new Ultra cards have their speed written on them - 30MB/s. That is way fast enough for a 5D11. As well as some of these new Ultras, I have some older Extreme 111 cards that I use in mine and they are only 15MB/s.