PDA

View Full Version : Purchases from "Globalmediapro"

mongo
05-08-2010, 10:17pm
Has anyone purchased gear from GLOBALMEDIAPRO ??? They seem OK and their prices are very good. However, not sure if import duty applies OR if the goods are considered as purchased in Australia and therefore no duty applies. They say delivery is 2-3 days so goods might well be in Australia. Mongo intends to ask them this question if they get past the Ausphotography scrutiny .

Feedback would be very welcomed.

peterking
06-08-2010, 12:03am
Found this (http://www.resellerratings.com/forum/merchant-discussion-shopping-advice/128467-globalmediapro-very-careful.html)
amongst others. Though I don't know that it is indicative. True the date is 2007. Don't know about their payment options but from what I have read they do not offer a method that I would feel safe about.

mongo
06-08-2010, 9:41am
thanks Peter. starting to sound very sus.

I @ M
06-08-2010, 9:44am
After a quick look at their site, comparing prices with other grey importers they look similar.

They do say on their items that GST will have to be paid when delivered in Australia.

I would give them a big miss I reckon.

ricktas
06-08-2010, 10:08am
Agree, plenty of other options out there that have better customer service to the discussions in the linked thread

mongo
06-08-2010, 11:12pm
after more looking into this, Mongo is under do doubt that they are to be avoided.

However, Mongo has discovered Dicount Digital Photographics in North Sydney. They seem reasonably good and also you can pay for and pick up goods in person.

Have appreciated the feedback.