PDA

View Full Version : Cool feature in 7D

Dwarak
30-07-2010, 3:38pm
Playing around with my 7d on one of the AP shoots and found a nice feature which can be very helpful. For one of the shots went manual and went to video mode to take a shot and found a live histogram when I pressed the info button this will help to show if the exposure is over or under exposed before I can actually shoot. This maybe common knowledge but to me it is new and I am really excited about it. But would lime to know how accurate is this histogram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkChap
30-07-2010, 3:58pm
As fars as accuracy goes, shoot a few and double check it on the computer, you will soon work out if it is accurate.

I would think it should be fairly right

dulvariprestige
30-07-2010, 10:13pm
From what I've heard, the histogram is a representation of a jpeg, so if you're shooting raw, you have a little more to play with once you've uploaded you images.

Dwarak
31-07-2010, 7:59am
From what I've heard, the histogram is a representation of a jpeg, so if you're shooting raw, you have a little more to play with once you've uploaded you images.

Thanks for the info I found the histogram quiet good in my first test not even one of my shots were blown out eager to test it again.

dulvariprestige
31-07-2010, 9:12am
I was thinking, it's the preview shots that are jpegs, so the histogram in live view may be the raw representation.

gcflora
31-07-2010, 10:51am
The histogram in live view is the raw representation for want of a better explanation; (it is for the 5d2 at least, not looked into it for the 7D because I don't have one, but I believe it would be the same)

RamblinR
31-07-2010, 11:11am
Wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the headsup.

Tricky
31-07-2010, 11:16am
Thanks, I also wasn't aware of this... you learn something every day (so the pressure is off for the rest of my Saturday!).

Dwarak
31-07-2010, 11:51pm
Happy some of them were not aware of this feature happy to be useful