PDA

View Full Version : Please Explain

wilto
29-07-2010, 4:59pm
Ok just a simple one,
A few years ago i purchased the adobe photoshop elements 6 ..
Now just want to find out the differences between photoshop and elements as have been told that elements is different to photoshop is this correct
Thanks for your help.
Brad

wilto
29-07-2010, 5:04pm
Ok guys easy one for you i think,
just need a little help on understanding the difference between p/shop element 6 and just photoshop..
As have had elements for a couple of years now but have been talking to people and they keep telling me photoshop is a step up from elements, is this true and if so what are the advantages of photoshop over elements.
cheers

ricktas
29-07-2010, 5:05pm
photoshop has several features that are not available in elements. Otherwise it is fairly much the same product.

OzzieTraveller
29-07-2010, 5:09pm
G'day Brad

Nice & Simple Q ~ I like that :)

PS Elements (whatever version) is a sub-set of the main program of the same name of a similar version. It follows an industry-wide 'modus-operandi' whereby a manufacturer of a very comprehensive & professional product will also produce a 'home-version' of the product with the most-used features included, and at a home-user price

You might recognise the "equivalents" in MS Office (as the professional software) and MS Works (as the home user software)

So ~ in the case of PS Elements it is generally quoted "that PS Elements has 3/4+ of the full PS package and only 1/4 the price" ... the actual numbers may vary between "quotes", but that's the commonly held view

Hope this helps a bit
Regards, Phil

ameerat42
29-07-2010, 5:09pm
wilto. From the price difference, a lot has been left out of Elements. But if you Google this "compare photoshop and photoshop elements", the second listing will give you this...
http://www.graphic-design.com/Photoshop/vs_elements.html
which may help your query. Am.

Kym
29-07-2010, 5:14pm
I've merged your threads into one :th3:

wilto
29-07-2010, 5:34pm
Thank all for your replies very helpful so i gather its like the homebrand meatpies compared to the big ben meat pies.... cheers, and sorry i thought i accidently deleted my first post so done a 2nd one