PDA

View Full Version : Reliable batteries

Mircula
29-07-2010, 3:42pm
Hey,

just wondering if you have any experience with all these "cheap" batteries you can get on ebay?

I would like to have some reliable long lasting batteries i can trust, but the original Canon ones are soooo expensive....

Cheers,

Mirc

B D H
29-07-2010, 4:13pm
I bought 2 batteries for my 40d off these guys: http://www.aubatteries.com.au/index.htm

I have had no complaints at all, they are around 15 bucks each(almost cheaper than the freight)
& I'm pretty sure they are based in Australia as well

Wobbles
30-07-2010, 2:15am
I got 6 of these http://sterlingtek.com/ln03-canon-bp-511-dlc511.html for my two gripped 50D's. I have found them to be very reliable and actually longer lasting than the OEM Canon batteries.

Mircula
30-07-2010, 1:28pm
Thank you guys. I ordered the Sterlingtek ones. Hope they are as good as described. Going on holiday soon with no possibility of charging batteries for 10 or so days.....

Edit: Wobbles, can I use the normal Canon charger for these ones?

dulvariprestige
30-07-2010, 10:29pm
Wobbles, can you use the original canon charger with those batteries, or did you have to purchase one of theirs.

Craftypics
30-07-2010, 10:41pm
Wobbles, can you use the original canon charger

for the Canon 20D, 30D, 40D and 50D you can defintely use the Canon Charger on Non canon batteries.

on the 5D mk2 if you use a non genuine charger you need to get a Non genuine charger also. Pretty sure this is the case for the 7D also and most likely all newer models.

Ive got 2 generics that were cheap that last as long if not longer than originals, but I also have a few generic that are pretty crap at holding a charge. They are relegated to the backup backup batteries now

dulvariprestige
30-07-2010, 10:54pm
Thanks crafty, seeing the 5d classic uses the same as the 20d,30d etc, I should be fine.

Wobbles
31-07-2010, 12:43am
Thank you guys. I ordered the Sterlingtek ones. Hope they are as good as described. Going on holiday soon with no possibility of charging batteries for 10 or so days.....

Edit: Wobbles, can I use the normal Canon charger for these ones?

Wobbles, can you use the original canon charger with those batteries, or did you have to purchase one of theirs.

Yes guys, confirming the Sterlingtek BP511's do work fine with the original Canon charger. I did buy another 'generic' one to allow me to charge 2 at a time (per grip). It also has a 12V plug so can charge in the car in an emergency..

Cheers
John

dulvariprestige
31-07-2010, 9:14am
Thanks John:th3:

Mircula
01-08-2010, 12:47pm
for the Canon 20D, 30D, 40D and 50D you can defintely use the Canon Charger on Non canon batteries.

on the 5D mk2 if you use a non genuine charger you need to get a Non genuine charger also. Pretty sure this is the case for the 7D also and most likely all newer models.

Ive got 2 generics that were cheap that last as long if not longer than originals, but I also have a few generic that are pretty crap at holding a charge. They are relegated to the backup backup batteries now

Thanks again guys....

Where did you buy your non generics?

Cheers,

Mirc

ssharrock
11-08-2012, 6:48pm
I got 6 of these http://sterlingtek.com/ln03-canon-bp-511-dlc511.html for my two gripped 50D's. I have found them to be very reliable and actually longer lasting than the OEM Canon batteries.

Hi Wobbles/Forum,

I was just wondering if there was an Australian site to purchase the SterlingTek's or did you order them direct on the site link above .. They seem to be recommended alternative from multiple sources.

Thanks in advance,

Shane

crafty1tutu
19-08-2012, 7:12pm
I have both generic brands off Ebay and Canon brands and I have found the quality to be no different.