PDA

View Full Version : My very first post

Philip David
12-01-2024, 10:00pm
Good evening AP members, I am new to the site and new to photography, or at least photography with decent gear.
Current I am using the Canon 90D with the 18-135mm 1:3.5-5.6, 50mm 1:1.8 and will soon have the 24mm 1:2.8 lens
I also use two analogy SLR's, a Minolta SR T 101 and a Fujica ST801, I usually use a black and white film when I shoot with these and due to the processing costs do not shoot regularly
I like a variety of styles such as nature, street and any photos of my 8 British Shorthair cats which I will certainly post here for you to see
Other than my photography hobby, I have worked roughly 26 years in the printing industry and have covered various styles including screen, Litho heat set and cold set, flexo.
I am a qualified Flexographic printer however for the past 10 years have shifted to social work and currently work with youth offenders, hopefully to help steer them away from crime.
The photography helps to clear my mind from the issues I encounter in my 9 to 5 but also connects me back to my printing roots with colour, light, shape, texture and tone.
I really love the feeling I get when I am out with my camera chasing that one moment in time.

Boo53
12-01-2024, 10:37pm
Welcome aboard.

Constructive criticism (not just likes) which I've found to be really helpful in improving my shots.

So jump in and post a few shots

Tannin
12-01-2024, 10:38pm
Hi Phillip and welcome! Stick around, this is a great little community with a great wealth of knowledge to tap into. With your background in printing, you'll take to photography like a duck to water - you already have the eye and the understanding, from there the physical skills should come very naturally.

ameerat42
13-01-2024, 6:07am
Welcome to AP, Philip.

^Tannin has said it. Join in and enjoy.

I reckon you may well be Intermediate in your skill level, but post up some pics and
get some feedback and do give feedback to others, regardless of your skill level.

In the spirit of things classic, I have the Minolta SRT 303 and Minolta 50/1.7 lens :)

Mary Anne
15-01-2024, 6:38pm
Hello Phillip and Welcome to AP all good advice above, so will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

Geoff79
18-01-2024, 11:36pm
Welcome aboard, Philip!