PDA

View Full Version : Is Colour management causing my problem?

martycon
04-09-2023, 12:23am
My problem is that suddenly, (Ps update ?) Ps does not give me the option of saving a TIFF image as JPEG.
Files have been flattened, and older RAW images also can not be saved as JPEG. Could it be that a setting is making my images incompatible with JPEG. Camera is set for Adobe? RGB.
Meantime can I use JPG2000?

ameerat42
04-09-2023, 4:38am
Do a search on your text as highlighted...

My problem is that suddenly, (Ps update ?) Ps does not give me the option of saving a TIFF image as JPEG.
Files have been flattened, and older RAW images also can not be saved as JPEG. Could it be that a setting is making my images incompatible with JPEG. Camera is set for Adobe? RGB.
Meantime can I use JPG2000?

...and you can find a 1000 reasons why - but not a single good one :rolleyes:

The short answer is that you can still save as jpeg by using the "Save as copy..." command.

This brief video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=KVO3_OYBFv4) explains why Adobe did it - absolutely kapok!:crzy: if you ask me,
having the corporate world making decisions like that for "us".

Jaded62
04-09-2023, 6:53am
or export as.

martycon
04-09-2023, 7:27pm
Thank you Am, all is clear, I think. Think someone is splitting straws.

- - - Updated - - -

And thank you Jaded, will be interested to see the diference between save and export. I thought them to be the same.

Jaded62
05-09-2023, 6:59am
I think the diff in export as is the user has options like resizing, copyright, etc.