PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about taking the Leap from DSLR to Mirrorless

Goatch
03-09-2023, 3:30pm
Thinking about upgrading to a Z6ii with an adaptor , has anyone had experience using the F mount lenses , any loss of sharpness or image quality in the corners

Thankyou
Goatch

SX2002
11-10-2023, 3:22pm
Hi Goatch,
I bought a Z50 two years ago and Nikon gave me an adaptor free due to the deal they had at that time. The camera came with two lenses which I sold and continued to use my "F" mount lenses.
I had several of various makes and I didn't see any reason to buy all new "Z" mount lenses.
I still have my three DSLRs and have no intention of getting rid of them as the Z50 is no better.
As for your question, I haven't noticed any difference in the image quality at all using the FTZ adaptor..

Goatch
19-10-2023, 9:28pm
Thanks heaps for the info , mmm still on the fence , I'm still happy with the image quality I get from the D800 and D7200 for that matter

aocc
23-10-2023, 7:34pm
I took the dive and swapped from D7200 to a Z6 with 24-70 mm Z lens. I bought a adaptor but found the Z lens to be a awesome piece of kit. I found the F lenses on the FTZ where ok but just no as good as the Z lens alone.
I will not be going back and have gifted all my DSLR to my son.

Goatch
24-11-2023, 4:15pm
I took the dive and swapped from D7200 to a Z6 with 24-70 mm Z lens. I bought a adaptor but found the Z lens to be a awesome piece of kit. I found the F lenses on the FTZ where ok but just no as good as the Z lens alone.
I will not be going back and have gifted all my DSLR to my son.

Thanks for the info