PDA

View Full Version : Affinity Photo users?

landyvlad
12-07-2023, 7:54pm
I can't justify the cost of an Adobe Subscription and was thinking of Affinity Photo. (which I gather is a one off payment).

Does anyone have any experience with Affinity Photo? I'd love to know your opinions please.

Ta.

landyvlad
26-07-2023, 3:38pm
Anyone?

ameerat42
26-07-2023, 3:52pm
Sorry, Lands. I'm not a user.

I guess there aren't many here who are.

From the bits I read when you first posted this (and again now), you would not be
making a big mistake getting it. What's more, you'll be the AP Infinity expert :D

The main difference compared to Lightroom is that it lacks a cataloging function, but
then, the little usage I've had of LR made me consider this function rather an encumbrance
anyway (but that's me).

landyvlad
31-07-2023, 3:52pm
Well I downloaded the 30 day free trial and it's only on sale til the end of today. So I need to make my mind up.

Or just wait til next time it's on sale, but this is apparently the first time they've raised their prices in several years.
I hate making decisions. LOL

ameerat42
31-07-2023, 3:56pm
I don't think you'd miss much for the paid ACDSee over the free FS.
$ave yourself the trouble of deciding, like you said.

Woops! - Forget the foregoing. I thought we were still on the FS/ACDSee thread :o

Zandri
02-02-2024, 3:32pm
I've got v1 of Affinity Photo and trying to transition to it from Photoshop. I'm not finding it terribly easy to be honest, given decades of Photoshop/Bridge muscle memory.