PDA

View Full Version : Convince me...

Grumpy John
30-06-2023, 12:51pm
My Adobe subscription gives me access to Photoshop, Lightroom and Lightroom Classic.
I currently use Photoshop in combination with Bridge and Adobe Camera Raw. I believe that my current PP setup will give me better results that Lightroom alone.
Can anyone give me enough reasons to start using Lightroom?

Jaded62
30-06-2023, 1:21pm
I too use PS, Bridge and ACR.

I have tried LR a few times but have never understood it clearly, nor was comfortable using it.

I am convinced that LR and PS are essentially the same thing but presented differently to the user, and that implies two groups of users. Iphone v android, Mac v PC, tomaato v tomarto.

To your question...............no.

Mary Anne
30-06-2023, 5:27pm
Yes when you are paying for it give it a go.

By time you have read whats on this LINK (https://www.phototraces.com/b/adobe-camera-raw-vs-lightroom/) You should have a better understanding of Both :nod:

Grumpy John
30-06-2023, 5:46pm
Yes when you are paying for it give it a go.

By time you have read whats on this LINK (https://www.phototraces.com/b/adobe-camera-raw-vs-lightroom/) You should have a better understanding of Both :nod:

Thanks for the link Mary Anne, I've done a fair bit of research and was pretty much aware of the differences/similarities of the two programs.
Nothing I've read has convinced me to install Lightroom when Photoshop+Bridge+ACR will do everything Lightroom can plus a lot more.

Tannin
01-07-2023, 10:39pm
If you know how to use Photoshop and ACR, Lightroom is pretty pointless. The one thing it does do - and some people say does well though I do not agree - is photo management. Actually, it's slow and clumsy in that role, but you can use it if you want to. Best not to waste your time. Learn the software that works for you and don't let yourself be distracted by software that has no purpose.

Disclaimer: after using Photoshop for more than a decade, a couple of years ago I switched to DxO Photo Lab, a much better designed and far more usable package. Never looked back.